Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If buying used......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If model 3 already has enhanced auto pilot and free unlimited premium connectivity, if you are purchasing direct from owner, do those features stay with vehicle, or can Tesla wipe slate clean after purchase? Those are 2 features I really want and don't want to see them disappear after purchase. Thanks for your input.

Connectivity

Who is eligible for a Premium Connectivity subscription?
All Model S, Model X, Model Y and Model 3 ordered on or after July 1, 2018 can subscribe to Premium Connectivity. All cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 receive Premium Connectivity automatically for the lifetime of the car.

Looks like it should transfer with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Az_Rael
Premium connectivity will stay with car, even if it is under a time limit. The used M3 I bought had it till the end of January and I bought the car in early January. It transferred to my account and showed the correct expiration date from the previous owner.

Connectivity

Who is eligible for a Premium Connectivity subscription?
All Model S, Model X, Model Y and Model 3 ordered on or after July 1, 2018 can subscribe to Premium Connectivity. All cars ordered on or before June 30, 2018 receive Premium Connectivity automatically for the lifetime of the car.

Looks like it should transfer with the car.

Good Info, thanks!

Everything stays with the car if it's sold to anybody other than Tesla with the exception of the Ps that got (and kept) free unlimited supercharging- that never transfers between owners on a 3 (and hasn't on more recent S/X vehicles for a couple years now).

If it's sold to Tesla (or bought used from Tesla) then the connectivity is removed officially (it's in the same FAQ). EAP (and FSD) may or may not be removed by Tesla (nothing published on this other than it's known they have the ability and right to do so)