Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Need help on "Free Unlimited Supercharging for Life"...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking at a 2016 P90D with FUSD and free unlimited connectivity and also shopping other cars. When I see premium connectivity: Imcluded package does that always mean FUSD?

I had FUSD on my 2015 P85DL and lost it when I sold, now in looking to get a similar but better vehicle, also with those freebies, if I can find one. The 2016.5 looks much better but hard to find. Sorry not trying to steal thread, trying to add to it I think. :)

Unless you can be sure the car hasn't been through an auction, third party dealer, or Tesla itself, the FUSC, if shown, could vanish at any time up to even a year later (since Tesla has been very slow sometimes to strip lifetime benefits).

If you are buying it from the original owner or a subsequent owner who has had it for at least several years, and can verify SC01 supercharging, then you should be good.

• Informative
Reactions: easyev
Unless you can be sure the car hasn't been through an auction, third party dealer, or Tesla itself, the FUSC, if shown, could vanish at any time up to even a year later (since Tesla has been very slow sometimes to strip lifetime benefits).

If you are buying it from the original owner or a subsequent owner who has had it for at least several years, and can verify SC01 supercharging, then you should be good.
OK, thank you very much for the information!

I’m looking at a 2016 P90D with FUSD and free unlimited connectivity and also shopping other cars. When I see premium connectivity: Imcluded package does that always mean FUSD?

I had FUSD on my 2015 P85DL and lost it when I sold, now in looking to get a similar but better vehicle, also with those freebies, if I can find one. The 2016.5 looks much better but hard to find. Sorry not trying to steal thread, trying to add to it I think. :)

If my memory is correct, they stopped offering transferable fusc on Jan 15, 2017. All cars sold until then had it with the exception of some 40s.

I would check the charging log. If they transferred the car over to themselves and have app access and the charge/battery icon subscreen shows supercharging visits with $0, the probability is high that the FUSC is tied to the car. You can also look at the app and see it under Specs and Warranty > Specs at the bottom of the page and it should say Free Unlimited Supercharging.

If the app shows FUSC but there are no $0 charging sessions recently, they are not being honest about testing it on the Supercharger network and confirming FUSC.

If they don't have app access, it might be tied to the original owner only still even if there are $0 sessions showing in the car, and I would consider asking for a discount for the possibility of losing access or something in writing for a discount/refund post sale if it is lost in 90 days after transfer.

Yes, I took a demo drive in this 2016 and went to the local supercharger. No credit card no account plugged in and charged ⚡️ like a charm.

I did another thread, but I’m trying to decide on this and a 2017 P100DL with AP 2.0 it’s another $14,000 and no free supercharging but much nicer condition. Still old MCU one and yellow bands on screen.

IMG_3759.jpeg