Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I can't charge here, neither can you...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you're joking
Of course I'm joking, who would actually do a thing like that? I will say though once came out to find my Jeep was gone and a few jokesters had taken it out of gear and rolled it around the other side of the building. I was not laughing, a bit until after I found my Jeep. So was everyone else in the parking lot that were acting sheepish prior. Perhaps this is another matter with higher stakes.

I came across this last night on the UCSD campus. Granted the poorly situated charger, in the middle of the adjacent space instead of centered between the spaces, doesn’t help matters.
97A5DFFE-1DD9-4482-8069-15C7ABBD095E.jpeg

Granted the poorly situated charger, in the middle of the adjacent space instead of centered between the spaces, doesn’t help matters.
Why would you say that's poorly situated? It's a dual handled station that looks like it is set to where it can serve any of about three spaces in front of it. So centered in the middle space would be exactly right. And have you noticed that's where the cement post is, so that's the only place it could be to mount it on the wall?

Also, it doesn't really fit in with the topic of this thread which was about an EV parking in a charging stall without charging (supposedly on purpose to block access to charging by other EVs). In this case, the Model 3 IS charging and making proper use of the available space. That the charger layout and cable makes it challenging for another car to park next to it is a bit unfortunate but, IMO, not a real issue.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Despite what the little Rockster, perched on my shoulder holding a pitchfork, would like, I'd never mess with this guy's car. I subscribe to the philosophy espoused by John Travolta's character in Pulp Fiction about nothing being more chickensh-t than messing with someone's else's car. You just don't do it.
Exact same thing I thought of dude!! You just don't mess around with another man's (or woman's ;) ) automobile.. its just against the rules!
[/QUOTE]

i3-copy-jpg.402464

A kind employee at my office park took the initiative to orchestrate having some Tesla wall chargers installed,
courtesy of the Tesla workplace charging program.
In recent weeks this i3 owner has started parking in one of the spaces just to block the charger.
It reeks of a childish tantrum, "If I can't charge here, neither can you."
Some people are still children no matter their age.
Some actions that I would be doing:

- Better trying to identifying who is the culprit driver:
You should park your car across this parking spot with your front or rear dash cam facing the other car
This eventually let you having a video of the driver arriving or leaving this car.
Maybe you know this person, so it might be easier to have a little chat:
"...., by the way I noticed you have the new i3 Sport, what do you think about it,...'
May be he/she is a Manager or Executive,... so better to be cautious then!

- If you can, try parking earlier using this spot , so the i3 driver will have to find another spot.
May be after a week or so, the driver will decide using another spot.

- This type of parking must require a pass but there must be also a tenant in charge of letting guests to park their car.
So talk to one of the clercs or their boss and ask if they can put a note on the car windshield.
Or find who manage the building or the parking lot, and mention the issue to them.

- Try finding which employee made the request to have Tesla installing the charger.
This person might be introduced to various people who could take then some action to contact this driver.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl