Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paid over 24 hours ago. Had unrelated service today and they tried to reinstall my current software version to force AP through but no luck. They claim I have to wait for the mothership servers to push it to my car. I had hoped to have it for my commute tomorrow but it looks to be unlikely.

Another order here:
  • Ordered AP+FSD on 3/6/2019 at 9:00pm MST
  • No email receipt or confirmation
  • Charge on CC showed up almost immediately
  • AP/FSD option is now gone from the 'Shop' section on my account
  • Talked to a Tesla rep today on chat and she said 'There is no ETA but we are hoping soon' and 'I cannot verify the order on your account because I don't have access, but if the charge went through then the order was successful.'
I understand they are probably swamped with orders right now and I don't mind the timing, but I am pretty disappointed they didn't even send a confirmation email or anything. Not sending an automated email to confirm a $5k purchase? That's pretty silly, even for Tesla.

Will also update as more information becomes available.

Still waiting for AP here, too. They don’t have to program anything because AP was already being sold as of March 1. The coding is finished. Why do they have to push out AP to cars? The car is a computer and should update immediately.

Hey guys, I ordered also on Wednesday, but just to be clear, I leave my charger plugged in. Car is 80% charged, charger isn’t charging, but the plug is in. Do I need to pull the plug to get the download? Anyhow I just did, let’s see if it shows up now.

Purchased AP at 4:51 am 3/6 - still no sign of anything. No connectivity in my garage so I've been leaving my car outside - at least I got a decent wash from Mother Nature this morning!

Pretty sure they had to write new code to push only the AP features instead of what they already had for EAP. I'm picturing 2-3 programmers in a padded room somewhere in CA now under a stern directive "you're not leaving tonight until this push gets done," with the only sounds being furious keyboard clicks and mutters of "f'n Elon" flying every few seconds.

Well an update came through at 2am today just to get my hopes up. just brought me up to 2019.5.15 w/ no added AP functionality. I have dog mode now though! Guess it's time to go to the kennel.

By the way I also got 2019.5.15 this morning only thing in release notes was Dog Mode and Folding Mirriors, but if you go into the settings it actually does add Sentry Mode if anyone was waiting on that. They just left it out of the release notes for some reason.

I literally just paid for the AP update. We'll see how long this takes. It hit my CC right away, but my bank didn't approve it, instead alerting me and asking if that purchase was intentional. I approved that, but it may take a short bit to go through I imagine. I'm still running 2018.50.6 software, so I'm a few versions behind