Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS1 DIY retrofit: how long before adapter showed up in store?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just completed the CCS1 retrofit (no problems, quick/easy procedure) and my car now shows that it is CCS enabled. ✔️

How long should I expect it to take before the Tesla store allows me to purchase the adapter?

Can you let me know how and where you got the parts? I have tried on multiple occasions to get my local service center to do the upgrade or sell the parts with no success.

Can you let me know how and where you got the parts? I have tried on multiple occasions to get my local service center to do the upgrade or sell the parts with no success.
I picked up the ECU at the local SC (Bellevue, WA), no questions asked. Called and ordered it over phone first.

I bought the “bundle of wires with a board” online. Install took ten minutes.

Reactions: Dirtman16
I got my charge port ECU from the Santa Clara, CA Service Center when I scheduled a pro-active 12V battery replacement through the app. I added a comment about if they had a 1537264-00-B ECU please bring it along.

ref: Tesla Service

Reactions: Dirtman16
cost vs. having TSLA do it?
Well, for now, we don't know exactly what Tesla Service is going to charge for this upgrade (AFAIK; stated cost is supposed to be $450 but that was announced a while ago). The bundle of wires I purchased back in Feb. 2022 for $50. The ECU from Tesla was $140 (I believe). The CCS1 adapter came via the South Korea source for $318.50.

edit: If $450 is correct, then it's $175 for the CCS adapter, $140 for the ECU and the rest for labor ($135). That plus the benefit of (hopefully) getting some sort of warranty on the parts/labor. My cost was $508.50 and I have to do all the work (and no warranty coverage).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vickh