Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If i was truely rich....I wouldnt drive -i would have someone drive me.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
I have to say.If i was uber rich i would hire a driver and just be driven around.Why? Well because i find driving a PITA 95% of the time when all hours the roads are full of lame drivers and congested traffic. Its very stressful and The amount of times you get yo use the whole 0-60 is rare and really only matters when getting on the freeway sometimes as congestion and idiots who dont get what merging traffic is or means and taking off from a stoplight to get away from these idits and left lane slow drivers. Sure those few times its useful but even if you blow off the line at a stoplight the roads speedlimit is at best 50..but most times 35-45 max.Even 25 in some areas so whats the point?

I would want avoid the stress and relax in the back seat.And now i realize why masserati/ towncars/mercs/some lexus/even cadi's and audi and some maybe bmw's are used for exactly this reason. They are plush and luxurious and some even have back massagers. For fun i went with a friend to a bunch of dealers of all these cars and testdrove many with me in the backseat while he drove me. Its was really eye opening for luxury of the back seat.I have to say our model s is pathetic when it comes to luxury and the back seat for sure for a 80-140k car. No way would i want to be driven around in the model s while in the back seat. Sorry but untill you have really tested others you just cant know. Ok i am not uber rich and hardly have anyone in the back seat but i know why many rich/corporate types have drivers with other cars then the tesla.

Please dont flame me with pro tesla stuff as i have a model s and like it for its tech but find its luxury in a 100k car pathetic. You may like the sparse vacant inside and thats fine but if tesla is gonna stay in the game they really need a revamp. The model s is where the s is at now really. I know mission e is a prototype but damn talk about sitting in the backseat from what i have seen...Even the panarama is a sweet ride in the back seat but of course ICE so yuk for me.

I have to say.If i was uber rich i would hire a driver and just be driven around.Why? Well because i find driving a PITA 95% of the time when all hours the roads are full of lame drivers and congested traffic. Its very stressful and The amount of times you get yo use the whole 0-60 is rare and really only matters when getting on the freeway sometimes as congestion and idiots who dont get what merging traffic is or means and taking off from a stoplight to get away from these idits and left lane slow drivers. Sure those few times its useful but even if you blow off the line at a stoplight the roads speedlimit is at best 50..but most times 35-45 max.Even 25 in some areas so whats the point?

I would want avoid the stress and relax in the back seat.And now i realize why masserati/ towncars/mercs/some lexus/even cadi's and audi and some maybe bmw's are used for exactly this reason. They are plush and luxurious and some even have back massagers. For fun i went with a friend to a bunch of dealers of all these cars and testdrove many with me in the backseat while he drove me. Its was really eye opening for luxury of the back seat.I have to say our model s is pathetic when it comes to luxury and the back seat for sure for a 80-140k car. No way would i want to be driven around in the model s while in the back seat. Sorry but untill you have really tested others you just cant know. Ok i am not uber rich and hardly have anyone in the back seat but i know why many rich/corporate types have drivers with other cars then the tesla.

Please dont flame me with pro tesla stuff as i have a model s and like it for its tech but find its luxury in a 100k car pathetic. You may like the sparse vacant inside and thats fine but if tesla is gonna stay in the game they really need a revamp. The model s is where the s is at now really. I know mission e is a prototype but damn talk about sitting in the backseat from what i have seen...Even the panarama is a sweet ride in the back seat but of course ICE so yuk for me.
If I were rich I'd live somewhere that has no traffic and still drive my Model S.

Oh, wait. Even though I'm not rich, I did that.:rolleyes:

Life is full of choices. Never think you don't have one.

Are you sure that you don't live in Silicon Valley?

Sorry to hear that Colorado has the same traffic/driver issues. Or maybe you should spend a few weeks driving around here to appreciate how much better you may have it there. It's REALLY bad here.

As far as being chauffeured around in a posh back seat...I agree. It it can be a nice way to avoid the stress of heavy traffic. And is even better when in an unfamiliar place or where there's interesting stuff to look at.

I would hate getting driven around. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t like flying when I can take a road trip. I love the ability to be in control whenever I want, and have a predictable machine watching over me.

Just trusting myself to another human in an unknown state of mind is not very reassuring. It’ll be a sad day when I’m relegated to sitting in the back seat of a car.

I would hate getting driven around. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t like flying when I can take a road trip. I love the ability to be in control whenever I want, and have a predictable machine watching over me.

Just trusting myself to another human in an unknown state of mind is not very reassuring. It’ll be a sad day when I’m relegated to sitting in the back seat of a car.

Or worse: Be on the back seat of a motorcycle! :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: chillaban
Its very stressful and The amount of times you get yo use the whole 0-60 is rare and really only matters when getting on the freeway sometimes as congestion and idiots who dont get what merging traffic is or means and taking off from a stoplight to get away from these idits and left lane slow drivers.
Please dont flame me

I sense some bubbling road-rage. Try and take it down a notch.

That said, the overwhelming majority on this forum enjoy driving their Tesla, and make excuses to do so daily.

Reactions: tranzndance
I sense some bubbling road-rage. Try and take it down a notch.

I hate to admit this but I have terrible road rage. Which is one of the reason's why my wife will drive if she knows that there will be traffic, but still when she is driving im still going on and on in the passenger seat. Until she finally yells at me to CALM DOWN!! And even then Im still complaining about the guy that just cut us off!!

ok..i am not saying driving the tesla isnt awesome in general. Hands down i agree. My point was recently in the local traffic here in highlands ranch/denver area the congestion and weird drivers make it not so enjoyable. And i was making a point that the rear seating in the tesla is pretty average if that comfort wise and i wouldnt want to be driven around in a tesla.Even the passenger seat is rather MEH....The tech is awesome.
So i am not nearing road range as i prefer my gf drive and not me because of the traffic congestion and weird drivers. She wont let me sit in the back seat though of the tesla when we go places..:)