Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you had the funds for your car today. Budget was 50K. What would you do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be looking for a P85D. Good deals from both Tesla & private in that price range. If getting private I'd make sure it has at least 2 years of warranty remaining, and if it did, I'd take private over buying from Tesla. At that range, you can look for a car with about 50k miles on it.

Reactions: erik_k
Also. I've written a more detailed account of how the recent P100D price cuts are eventually going to reverberate across the lineup, but yeah. Already used P90DL's don't seem to be selling well (because you can just pay just a bit more and get a P100D) and every day their prices are dropping by $500-700. It either is, or soon will be, hitting P85D's as well.

I have rented 2-3 MS over the last year. For me there was some minor discomfort in getting in and out of the car. This may have been because I don’t know how to make the seat adjustment more comfortable. I think I may be able to enjoy the comfort of a MX more. I am a bigger size body, football coach with some hurt knees. I don’t want to invest in something that makes uncomfortable

Also. I've written a more detailed account of how the recent P100D price cuts are eventually going to reverberate across the lineup, but yeah. Already used P90DL's don't seem to be selling well (because you can just pay just a bit more and get a P100D) and every day their prices are dropping by $500-700. It either is, or soon will be, hitting P85D's as well.

there is nothing special about the P90D to make it hold its value unless you have a facelift/AP2 one, especially in the long run, its sad to see that the P90D gets outclassed by the older P85D

AP2 S 75-75D around 45K or X AP2 around 58-62K.

I wish this was true. There's no good AP2 75Ds around.

Found a funny guy on autotrader. He's got a clean looking S 75D with AP2 but he's asking $60k for it. For giggles I asked him what's the current market adjusted price and this is what I got:

upload_2019-8-8_18-35-19.png

I wish this was true. There's no good AP2 75Ds around.

Found a funny guy on autotrader. He's got a clean looking S 75D with AP2 but he's asking $60k for it. For giggles I asked him what's the current market adjusted price and this is what I got:

View attachment 439412
I had actually had bought a 75 AP for 43k and missed a 75D Ap2 for 46K. There were other small deals. There is also a 75 Ap2 for 46K but more miles.

You all crazy if you think a P85D is superior to a P9DL... have had 2 P85D’s and both were amazing, have a facelift AP1 P90DL now and, just WOW....
I did have the Plus suspension on my P85D’s and I do miss how planted it was on acceleration and cornering

You all crazy if you think a P85D is superior to a P9DL... have had 2 P85D’s and both were amazing, have a facelift AP1 P90DL now and, just WOW....
I did have the Plus suspension on my P85D’s and I do miss how planted it was on acceleration and cornering

Did you get it a few months ago after selling your P85D? There was a small window of great deals that I missed out on waiting for pictures and someone else scooped it up. At least now all the pictures are included but prices are higher.

I think you're right, it seems that a lot of the 90's have already got less range than the 85's.
But most 90’s probably have more range than most 85’s. A handful of early 90 batteries had issues and it was popular to bash them. Just like unintended acceleration it’s fun to bash even when untrue. Tesla didn’t make specific 18650 cells for specific battery packs but changed chemistry over time, whether it was a 75, 85, or 100 battery built at the same time as the 90 battery they all got the same 18650 cells (I know the 100 and 75’s didn’t overlap the 85 but they all overlapped the 90). They 90 packs are as solid as any others built at the same time.