Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be coming from a 2008 Chrysler Aspen (HEMI). I've always said that my vehicle will either be a hybrid or an EV. I had an option to purchase the Aspen as a hybrid but it was so much more money (new, not one model year used). I don't need the large vehicle anymore as my stepchildren are much older now.

2012 Lexus CT200h. It looks good, feels smooth and gets great MPG. I have the Navi and entertainment package and I must say the UI on the radio and GPS makes me feel like I'm back in the mid 90's. Its clunky, slow and looks like it was designed in MSpaint. Lexus refuses to do a firmware upgrade to the newer version (which from what I hear is better but still not great) This is one of the reasons i'm dropping them for good. Cant wait for my M3. :)

1 to replace Honda Odyssey (kids love the van, so will keep it for long distance travel)
1 to replace 10 years old Jag VDP (love the car as daily driver but kids no longer need a big car). Was considering an S5 convertible.
Have a Model X reservation ready to configure but not very sure due to price and various concerns with wind shield, doors, ...

Lined up at 10 AM 3/31 at Santana Row store, got 2 orders in by 1PM.

Coming from a 2008 Chevy Cobalt in to a Tesla Model ☰. I've wanted an electric car ever since I leaned about the GM EV1 and the Tesla Roadster back in 2006. Then in October 2014 I test drove a 2013 Model S P85 which was a huge mistake I've been fully hooked ever since. I never found the volt or the Leaf that appealing with such short range finally the time is near when I can get what I want.