Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...I'm having a bit of a freak out about having enough cash by May/June 2018....I want options that get me performance and those are the big ones (battery, AWD & maybe even performance)...so much so that I am shopping for a bridge car and going to trade in my 2014 mustang (base v6)...going older, high mileage, realiable and significantly downgrading.
I need to put aside as much $$$$ as possible over these next 26 or so months.

'09 BMW Z4---which I love and hate. I've owned three two-door cars ('01 TT/'03 350Z/Z4) and one sedan ('05 TL). I swore I'd never go back to a sedan, but Tesla is the only game in town as far as EVs go and the car is gorgeous, so I'm really looking forward to it. The older and more distracted I get, the more I just want the car to drive me.

2014 mustang 6speed (v6)...good fun to value ratio car but I am so ready to move on already ....there are interior rattles in that thing that challenge my sanity at times...still fun though.
I need to take a test drive asap as I do fear missing the clutch and gears of the manual...I assume re-gen braking can substitute for downshifting at least to some degree...
I had 400k miles in standard transmission cars before going electric and I figured I'd miss the shifting. Didn't happen: the instant torque and seamless regen braking is such a pleasure that it provides its own satisfactions. Tesla's regen is strong enough to bring the car to a nearly complete stop even going downhill. You can drive without touching the brake pedal except when holding the car still at a stoplight. "Single pedal" driving is both intuitive and addictive. I have zero desire to return to shifting. If you like performance — and a 6 speed car suggests that you do — you will find that even the base Tesla has such a kick-in-the-pants acceleration that you will find it very fun to drive. And when you stomp the accelerator there is no lag, no noise, no vibration, you just get slammed back in the seat as the car takes off. It's a different kind of fun, but fun it is!

Yes, go take that test drive. You will see...

6 speed manual 2.0T VW GTI MK6. Great, fun, practical car, but I'm now ruined by the electric drivetrain - have been spoiled by pretty regular access to a sleek, quiet Model S, and can't wait for the hopefully similar experience of Model 3.

Replacing a 2004 Prius with 200,000+ miles. In addition to the Prius, I currently have a 2008 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid. I don't remember such an interest in a vehicle since Ford introduced the Mustang.

Some of the cars I had when I was young.
1952 Chevy 2 Door
1965 Impala 2 Door
1969 Camaro RS

Reactions: EinSV
2006 Highlander Hybrid, bought new in June 2005, around 90K miles. I had to wait for that one too (but only a few months, not years), and had to pay full list for a fully "loaded" Limited model just to get one early. The plan was to replace it with a Model X but that didn't quite work out.

I'm just excited to be getting a car with USB ports, a backup camera and Bluetooth! Hopefully I won't miss my cassette deck too much. :)