Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've come from a MINI Cooper S 2010 but sold it because of Engine issues then got a VW Polo but now have an old 1999 Toyota Camry. Had in mind that I was over sports cars and luxury cars till i saw the Model S and researched Tesla Motors. I was 9th in line at the Melbourne Model 3 reservations so i'm hoping to be one of the first batch to get it! ICE cars mean nothing to me anymore.

Reactions: gigglehertz
They guys in store offered me a test drive of an S and I turned it down. They were all amazed. I told them that I didn't want to end up wanting an S because I really can't afford it (and believe me I've done every calculation possible). Nearer the time of taking delivery I'll probably go for a ride tho.

The key is to have a strong resolve.

I kept telling myself I can't QUITE afford a Model S equipped the way I want it, and they don't have any CPO's available the way I want them....

But, I mean, if money was no object....I probably would have ordered one this weekend.

2007 Toyota Prius 230k miles (original owner), considered turning it into a plug in around 2009 but the price was too high to cover the benefit of a small amount of EV miles.

Was waiting forever for the gen 4 prius to come out thinking it would have 65+ mpg or a plug in that went 50+ miles. I got sick of waiting around 2013 and then I discovered the model 3. Have been waiting since.

The disappointing specs of the gen 4 prius and prius prime affirmed my choice.

Vauhall Astra (Chevrolet in the US?) with about 50k miles.
And dissapointed the 3's not a hatchback.
I was so shocked when year after year new Prius came out with a NiMH battery not a lithium one. Given that only 40% of about 1.2kwH capacity is usable in the Prius. Prius broke the rules (in being the first hybrid) but then as is true for all companies sat back and thought "if it's not broke - don't fix it". They could have done a plugin hybrid with 10-20miles EV range a long time before the Bolt... and it would have huge mpg and sales... and the battery wouldn't have had to be much bigger physically.

Previously owned about 35 various vehicles. Just love to experience variety. Currently we have the following in the family:
- 2016 BMW X3 (Wife)
- 2014 BMW X1 (Daughter1)
- 2016 VW Tiguan R-Line (Daughter2)
- 2006 Porsche 911s (minimal mods)
- 2005 Mini Cooper S (lots of mods)

I'm afraid the 911 will likely be on the chopping block soon due to recently selling our house. We're about to start building our "downsize/empty nester" home and will end up in a rental house for the next year with minimal room. Looking forward to having the garage wired for a proper charging set up as well as potentially a Powerwall to be connected to some solar panels.

Coming from '97 Jaguar XJ6, my first car.

As much as I love this beast (heaven to drive, and its gorgeous), I will be extremely happy to never have to think of fuel costs again (and if you think $5/gallon is bad, I pay almost double that!)