Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's simple - none. I would keep what I have. I'm treating this car as a piece of technology, and that's why I'm buying it, because it excites me.

Same. A poll on motivations to buying the Model 3 would be interesting. I plan on keeping my S5 Cabriolet. My motivations are technology focused. Carbon footprint doesn't even enter the equation.

Reactions: Chopr147
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with 77,777 miles and a Chevy HHR 2006 with maybe 90,000 miles. Figured I will need to replace one in around 2 years. Both where purchased used at around $10,000. Got our first car a Ford Taurus for free from my in laws. M3 will be my first new car. Likely ditching the minivan first as it already feels like a boat switching from the HHR and back. If I need to haul anything big I can get it delivered or rent a truck by the hour. I commute less then 10 miles round trip each day to the same place as my wife so I don't put a lot of miles on either car. I am a tesla space x fan boy but my wife is in because of the OTA updates and virtuous cycle between the company and customers. No one else integrates quite as tight a feed back loop of feed back with the end user. Iterative design at it's best.

Reactions: Luke42
2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible with 293,600 miles

By the time the Model 3 arrives, the pony will be somewhere around 350,000 miles, and it will become a garage queen, solely for top-down touring and such.

At ~21 combined MPG, you can imagine the fuel savings... :D

Reactions: Luke42
None, as a matter a fact I don't even have a license at the moment, that particular problem will be fixed in 2 weeks.

Honestly before my dad got the model S I never really felt compelled to get or own a car, I mostly walk, cycle during the summer and use public transit and uber the rest of the time.

But this thing is simply amazing and the first car I have ever wanted to own.

Just curious what model automobile you are coming from

Care to share why?

I'm going from a 2012 Toyota Camry SE to a Model X 90D. I also reserved Model 3 as a future secondary car.

I'm brand loyal. I'm on my 3rd Camry, but I will never recommend or buy another Totoya ever again.

The Tesla rep who took me on my model X test drive was pretty surprised that I'm going Camry to model X!

1998 used Toyota Camry V6 with 215,000 miles.

I'm getting my undergrad degree in May so hopefully I get a nice job and start saving up for the next two years.
I'm coming from a 2003 Saturn Vue with 46k ish on it. Its in great shape, so I plan to drive it until the M3 and then make a decision on what to do with it. Might keep it, or give it to a family member who has kids that might be starting to drive by then. Who knows.

I am graduating next May, so hoping to get a good job and start socking away money for a nice fat down payment.

Reactions: Lem89
Audi A7 3.0 TFSI... Great car. But I just love the idea behind Tesla, supercharging, quiet travel, and having a car that changes with every software update, just like a phone :)... And yes, the car looks special, like a normal car, yet so different, difficult to explain. Love the front, love two trunks, love AWD, love the speed, love the technology, love zero emissions, love the charisma around it. Can't wait, it will be loong 2+ years, reserved on April 4.

2006 G35 6MT Coupe. I've been looking to replace it for a long time but everything I looked at didn't seem that much better than what I already had. Tesla seems like a giant leap forward in the direction all cars should be going so I'm supporting them with my wallet. My only hope is they don't cave on pushing the envelope with a mass market release. Bio Weapon defense is a perfect example. Most car companies would call it a HEPA cabin filter and it would be lost in list of other seemingly uninteresting features. Tesla puts personality behind it which I absolutely love.