Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois rebate program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone submit their application for the 4k rebate in Illinois?

What documentation did you use? I believe it requires:

Copy of purchase agreement
Proof of purchase
Illinois vehicle registration
W-9

I think the MVPA pages on vehicle configuration and final price sheet satisfy 1 and 2. Not sure on if you have to wait for vehicle registration or temp card will do? W-9 is explanatory.

Hoping anyone who has been successful can share their knowledge.

Thanks!

Round 1 is closed. I assume this is the final tally of rebate applications for Round 1.

Program Information - as of September 30, 2022 (data updated weekly)
Low Income Applications Received
Low Income Rebates Awarded
Non-Low Income Applications Received
Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded

Upvote 0
Round 1 is closed. I assume this is the final tally of rebate applications for Round 1.

Program Information - as of September 30, 2022 (data updated weekly)
Low Income Applications Received
Low Income Rebates Awarded
Non-Low Income Applications Received
Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded
Yes, I was thinking that with a month between round one ending and round two beginning they would close out the books on round one in the down month, So they know what they have for round two. Being October 8th already and no real changes in the amount of payments they are making I'm beginning to question my logic.

• Informative
Reactions: weekenddays
Upvote 0
Being October 8th already and no real changes in the amount of payments they are making I'm beginning to question my logic.
Your logic is sound, remember crooked Illinois politicians wrote this bill and really didn't provide the public with all the facts and details. That gives them wiggle room to cater to various political groups without being held accountable.

Upvote 0
1666138348097.png

Upvote 0
I found some on Reddit that have gotten their rebates last week that were not low income. It appears the state is still sending the rebates but no longer updating the website. The person that got there rebate that was not low income got their car first week of July. This is going to be awhile it looks like. So after they have not paid everyone and the new window starts in November it will be interesting to see how they handle that. The law says they have to pay everyone in the first cycle before low income people from the second. Time will tell

Upvote 0
View attachment 866214

This is kind of odd. Latest numbers from yesterday. Started paying non-low income well before all the low-income applications. Only thing I can figure is they had problems with most of the low-income applications. Either way can they pay these any slower? lol
They are averaging awarding less than 75 per month. Maybe they will step it up.

Upvote 0
I have exchanged several emails with Brad Frost ([email protected]), Community Relations Manager with the IL EPA. His latest two responses from the week of Oct. 17th when asked about the incredibly slow rebate payouts to non-low income applicants:

"After the Illinois EPA has reviewed all of the applications received before the end of the cycle and issued rebates to eligible, complete low income applicants, we will begin to issue rebates to eligible, complete non-low income applicants. Our staff is working to get them processed. The website is updated weekly and you will see when they begin to be issued and then will be able to track your payment on the Comptroller’s website. The link to the Comptroller is on our Rebate webpage."

His responses are always timely and he is very polite, but always feel very non-precise and generally vague. Very frustrating, especially considering the new application period opens shortly, and the allocated $$ is just sitting there. The Comptroller's website is generally useless as well, unless maybe you are one of the lucky few to have gotten a check actually cut. Someday...maybe...pretty sure...we think...trust us!

Upvote 0
Just got notification of payment!!!

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend going to the Illinois Comptroller website and signing up for payment notifications. Woke up to an email with payment notification. See the FAQ for the IL ev rebate or let me know if you need help.
Sorry just to add here - I submitted the Application in late August time frame. I took delivery 7/30 and then waited for the IL permanent registration to come in (reading the FAQ they now say temp registration is sufficient).

Upvote 0
I got my letter today saying I was denied. I transferred my plates from my Tesla I traded in. So all I had was the application. In the FAQ's it said you could send a copy of the license plate, which I took a picture of and did. Now I have send in an appeal, and say that I followed their faq page. This is absolutely dumb that I was denied.

• Informative
Upvote 0
Took delivery July 22nd, mailed app the next day. It was rejected due to the registration being the temporary registration (thought that was ok...guess not). Reapplied when I got the rejection with the permanent registration in late August and got my check yesterday. I also did get a notification of issuance about 4-5 days before the check actually showed up.

Upvote 0