Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm picking up my MSLR 2023 this Friday, and I'm absolutely having second thoughts now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm feeling very hesitant about my decision to purchase a Tesla after quite some time of being solid about it.

Unfortunately, it seems that the car I'm getting doesn't come with USS, and after some research, I'm concerned about the Tesla Vision experience.

Additionally, I've found out that there are two versions of Tesla, one with HW4 and one with HW3 and I have no clue which version I have. I don't want to pay a premium only to be shafted with old, potentially not upgradable hardware.

This left me wondering if there is a way to know for sure if my MSLR has HW4 or HW3 via the VIN or another measure?

Last night someone in a BMW literally parked an inch away from my rear bumper in a parallel parking situation. I maybe had 6-7" in front of me. I can't tell you how many times I went back and forth to finally get out. If I didn't have USS it would have been more miserable than it was.

If I was relying on TeslaVision, I'd have to get out after almost every movement to make sure I didn't hit the bumper on the front. Even with the camera in the rear it doesn't see the bumper corners very well but the USS are well positioned to pick that area up.

I still love how stupid the system is for auto-selecting which way I should go on my S. I still have issues where it auto-selects forward as the way it thinks I should go even when parked in front of a sign that precludes me from driving forward and the only option is to reverse.
I actually really enjoy the auto gear select but you have to be careful. It will direct you into a wall at times.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0