Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immersive sound disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I downloaded update 2020.4.1
After the update my immersive sound has gone i can hear the difference in my audio, I looked in the settings and it is also not there
Was wondering if any one else has this issue and if so what do you guys recommend I do
I’ve tried restarting the computer normal and hard reset to no avail.
I have the sr+

After the update my immersive sound has gone i can hear the difference in my audio, I looked in the settings and it is also not there
Was wondering if any one else has this issue and if so what do you guys recommend I do
I have the sr+

SR+ doesn’t come with Immersive Sound. If you had it by mistake, Tesla has maybe removed it with this update?

I’ve had immersive for a while I was under the impression sr+ does come with immersive sound but doesn’t activate the pillar speakers as well as don’t have the extra subwoofer in the trunk.
I searched other threads and on google looks like other sr+ owners do have immersive sound.

SR+ doesn’t come with Immersive Sound. If you had it by mistake, Tesla has maybe removed it with this update?

SR+ does come with immersive sound. Like said above only not with pillar speakers activated and no subwoofer.

Also when you configure the Tesla model 3 today you see at the SR+ specs that is has immersive sound.

I just hope this software update is just buggy and an update or reboot will solve this issue for you.

Tried to reboot and did not help...
so my only option is to wait for the next update?
I am going to call Tesla and see what they say I just hope it gets resolved fairly easily without the I can’t help you because I can’t send you a software update you have to take to this person debacle

If
I have the sr+[/QUOT
This sounds like something I saw on another thread... When you look at the info about your car does it say it's an sr or sr+? There was an issue with an update for Canada that was causing the version to say sr, and they lost some functionality.

What is Immersive sound though? I cannot tell the difference when on or off

I don’t know the technicalities of immersive sound but I notice the difference when I had it on for me it was a more
What is Immersive sound though? I cannot tell the difference when on or off

Im not sure about the technicalities but for me I notice the difference, what I find it’s more refined if that make sense if I had to explain it if you had a home amplifier connected to home speakers it’s like having normal stereo mono sound vs an option to change it to Dolby sound or something like that it changed the characteristics to a certain degree.
Maybe it depends on the type of music a person is listening to some might notice it more depending on the genre
I listen to hip hop/rap and I notice the bass is cleaner and more Crisp and depending on what song capable of hitting a lower tone witch is what I like

How long did you have it before losing it?

I’ve figured out the problem I went to the car and clicked on the T on the screen pulling up the info on the car and instead of saying standard rang plus it says standard
Looks like in Canada there is a problem that sometimes arises
I did a google search and this has happened to other Canadian cars where it says you have a standard m3 and you lose immersive sound

I’ve figured out the problem I went to the car and clicked on the T on the screen pulling up the info on the car and instead of saying standard rang plus it says standard
Looks like in Canada there is a problem that sometimes arises
I did a google search and this has happened to other Canadian cars where it says you have a standard m3 and you lose immersive sound

had the same issue bro. i made a service appointment. chatted via text and told them to check their records. as they too marked my SR+ as a Standard after the 2019.41.1 update. (i think that was the update..) finally they admitted it was a mistake and did an OTA update and reverted the change.

long story short, make a service appointment.

had the same issue bro. i made a service appointment. chatted via text and told them to check their records. as they too marked my SR+ as a Standard after the 2019.41.1 update. (i think that was the update..) finally they admitted it was a mistake and did an OTA update and reverted the change.

I have the opposite "problem" have a SR labeled SR+. Wonder when it will go away. ?

I made an appointment threw the app closest available date here is feb 11...
might try and stop by a service Center and see what they can do in the mean time
If/ when i have the time
Thanks for letting me know what you went threw now I have an idea of how they went about it and fixed it