Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impressed With Customer Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MrG_NY

May 20, 2019
NY
So today I went on Tesla's website and was figuring out what my lease payments would be. The chat box was on the right side and says chat now, so I decide to see if Tesla offers extended test drives. The guy I am chatting with tells me yes they do extended test drives if they have enough demo vehicles to let one go. Asks me for my location, email, phone name etc. Tells me a collegue will call me. Ten minutes go by and I get a call, the gentleman looks up P3D- in my area, gives me links, he asks me what Gallaries and Service Centers are near by and says he will set up an extended test drive. I received an email for the extended test drive in October since they would be getting a fresh batch of cars in at that time and will get the vehicle from Saturday evening till Monday morning.

Now I call that service.

So today I went on Tesla's website and was figuring out what my lease payments would be. The chat box was on the right side and says chat now, so I decide to see if Tesla offers extended test drives. The guy I am chatting with tells me yes they do extended test drives if they have enough demo vehicles to let one go. Asks me for my location, email, phone name etc. Tells me a collegue will call me. Ten minutes go by and I get a call, the gentleman looks up P3D- in my area, gives me links, he asks me what Gallaries and Service Centers are near by and says he will set up an extended test drive. I received an email for the extended test drive in October since they would be getting a fresh batch of cars in at that time and will get the vehicle from Saturday evening till Monday morning.

Now I call that service.
Now I call that sales.

Now I call that service.

When you say “a fresh batch of cars” are you saying he told you some more P3D- cars are coming next month? So far nobody has been able to confirm if Tesla is releasing another batch of those.

The chat button is only available during certain hours from what I understand having done a chat with them before. Was told there are so many employees working the chat and each will be working on several "calls" at a time. If they have their chat slots filled, the chat button will disappear until they can add someone else. I don't remember the day and times chat is available but maybe someone can add this info.

BTW as an owner with an account, I have also gone into My Telsa account, clicked the Manage button and used the Request Help button there to briefly fill out a form to contact Tesla and have gotten a reply email back in a few days. That person stayed with me until an account issue I was having was fixed. Took only a few days and I was pretty happy about that.