Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Improved Efficiency from my latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty consistent with my schedule and driving habits. I routinely achieve under 300 wh/mi, but just barely. Ever since update 17.17.4, I've noticed my wh/mi going down 10-15%. I've attached a photo of my latest trips. This wasn't lazy driving... I was stuck in traffic for a time and I flexed its muscle on plenty of occasions, yet I was still able to average a very low consumption rate. I have a 75D with 20s.

Has anyone else noticed a difference?

IMG_1277.JPG

Reactions: Tam
I'll caveat that I have an 90D AP1 Model X with the latest update for that vehicle, but not 17.17.4....

I live somewhat locally to you and believe the recent temperatures are a definite factor. Ever since the warm up we have had in the last month or so in the DC/MD Metro area, because my heat has been used a lot less and, while I've been using the A/C periodically, it's been on Auto as it always is, but blowing a lot less...thus using less energy. All of this has helped my wh/mi stay in the 275 - 300 range (note it's usually only me in the car...more passengers, more weight, more energy used...). This weather has also helped increase my 90% charge by a couple of miles from 228-229 consistently during the colder weather, up to 230-231 rated range, with my "projected" range also increasing to between 240-257 miles. Bottom line, warmer weather definitely helps range improve until it gets too hot to where running the A/C starts to use more energy, thus offsetting the gains you are seeing.

A good test will be the weather this upcoming few days, where in our area the temperature will be getting up into the 90s, with the "feels like" temps hovering near 100. Not sure if it will be around the same weather near where you are in Annapolis? Naturally, if you run the A/C, it will probably run harder and use more energy. I'd like to hear/see how your energy is after this week. Please try to post something on Friday/Saturday and let's see how things are looking.

Interesting report but I'm not seeing it.

FWIW: Don't have wind data.....however,

I just replaced my tires (23K, not bad) and drove up from Florida in 90+ heat first day and low 80's second for average temps of 88 vs. last year average temp of 86. Range loss was 13.94% last year; 14.63% this year (Teslafi data set). Close enough.....