Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In an refreshed MS, where does the tow hook connect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hang on a minute - if the 12V battery is dead - does that mean I cannot open the Frunk? That's where I keep a small 12V booster pack for those purposes so that I don't get stuck anywhere. Where should I keep such items?
In the frunk and use the emergency latch for the frunk. Bye the way, you guys depending on the emergency responders book, my latch on an Aug build doesn't look like that. Yours might differ also, but its close enough to figure out.

In the frunk and use the emergency latch for the frunk

The problem with that is the emergency release is inside the car (it is on my early 2013)... and not all cars even have the emergency frunk release. If the 12v is dead, you cannot get inside the car because the door handles won't extend and the solenoid that releases the door latch won't function.

The problem with that is the emergency release is inside the car (it is on my early 2013)... and not all cars even have the emergency frunk release. If the 12v is dead, you cannot get inside the car because the door handles won't extend and the solenoid that releases the door latch won't function.
We were talking about the refreshed nose cars.

Just google "2016 tesla emergency guide" or just visit the official page. This info should be public.. and you should not leave any valuables in the frunk of the X and the S (even the pre-refresh model S has a manual frunk release behind the nose cone - only exception being early VINs)

I mean, emergency responders NEED to access the frunk to cut power!