Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In house glass replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thing is, Tesla apparently now refuses to fix glass for customers in New Mexico anymore. Has to be done in another state where they have service centers, or done in NM by a 3rd party body shop. One body shop I know of in Santa Fe is already storing inventory of Tesla windshields.

Nebraska is a no service, no sales state because of the laws and they can do the replacement.

A couple weeks ago I scheduled a side window to be replaced. Scheduled on a Sunday night, they confirmed that they ordered with window on Monday before 9am and installed it a week later at my work. I was really impressed with the service but I never signed anything or got a receipt as all the work was under warranty.

I got this message also, but I actually did replace the roof glass recently, so I thought this was just an old message that somehow resurfaced after the latest update.
That's what I thought too, when I took delivery there was a gash in the driver's side front window that they replaced and after driving a few days I saw some kind of odd bubble in the windshield so they replaced that too, I thought it was maybe a delayed notification or something.

Just got this from Tesla. Answers a lot of questions.

Hi Erl,

The notification you received about the glasswork was just to notify all our customers that we do perform glass replacement at our service locations.

Stanley Belizor | Associate Service Manager | North America Service

Mt. Kisco Service Center

115 Kisco Ave, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549

p. (914) 218-8900 | m. (203) 343-7522 | [email protected]

Milford Service Center

881 Boston Post Road | Milford, CT 06460

p. 203.701.5700 | m. (203)343-7522 | e. [email protected]

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
I did the update right after I did a full LLumar tint w/ clear film treatment on the windshield.:confused:. I thought there was a trip to the tint shop nesseccary... Until I read it closely and realized my car was sending me Tesla adds! And I thought they didn't advertise.:eek:
I guess there's bound to be one thing I finally found that I don't like about my 3, the adds! o_O