Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i'm sure they don't but knowing how system works would help buyers looking for FUSC cars NOT to get screwed over.
I did the free supercharging transfer at the end of q4. They had the process streamlined and very efficient. The old car with free supercharging had to be in my Tesla account when I took delivery of the new car. The moment I accepted the new car, I got a notification on my phone that free supercharging had been transferred. It was instantly off the old car and on the new car.

I think Tesla had described that it could take days to transfer, and maybe initially it did take that long. But no more. It took just seconds.
IMG_7149.jpeg

I was thinking about this after we took delivery of our new Y last week. I wonder if we could have spent $250 on a Cybertruck reservation to save another $1000 off the Y. Without the terms it’s impossible to know for sure. But that could be a good deal for someone buying now.
No, it's $1,000 off of the purchase price of the Cybertruck when that eventually happens--not off of a Y now.

*EDIT* Oh, apparently Tesla WAS dumb enough to do that.

Last edited:
Oh, what the heck?! I had heard of that offer and thought it was the other way around. I assumed that was not it, since that would be idiotic of Tesla to offer that since it could be so obviously scammed like @hybridbear was saying.
Well, that’s why I’m asking about terms. They could just have a line in the terms that the $1k discount is only for Cybertruck reservations placed before mm/dd/yyyy date to prevent ppl from doing that. But we don’t know.

Oh, what the heck?! I had heard of that offer and thought it was the other way around. I assumed that was not it, since that would be idiotic of Tesla to offer that since it could be so obviously scammed like @hybridbear was saying.
They specify early reservation holder. I think it has to be a Cybertruck reservation made before 11/30/2023.

Putting in a reservation/order today certainly wouldn't be early.

Are they still honoring the FUSC and free FSD transfer on getting a new Model X or from inventory
That offer was listed as ending on March 31, and it does not show anywhere on their site now, so I think the answer is no. They were trying to goose sales by the end of the quarter.

However, they will probably have the same issue going on this quarter as well, so I expect they will reactivate that promotion sometime in the next month or so (or at least sometime this year). This would be good for me, since I considered but decided not to before, but this past weekend decided I should go ahead and do it for my 2014 S85 if they make the Supercharging transfer offer again.

That offer was listed as ending on March 31, and it does not show anywhere on their site now, so I think the answer is no. They were trying to goose sales by the end of the quarter.

However, they will probably have the same issue going on this quarter as well, so I expect they will reactivate that promotion sometime in the next month or so (or at least sometime this year). This would be good for me, since I considered but decided not to before, but this past weekend decided I should go ahead and do it for my 2014 S85 if they make the Supercharging transfer offer again.

Not only the FUSC/FSD transfer offer, but also the loyalty/inventory benefits:

- free color (interior or exterior) upgrade
- year of premium connectivity (which used to be a typical perk)
- 10000 credits/points
- 5000 free SC miles

That’s what helped tip the scales for me to go for it.

I was close to pulling it to trade in my MX 2018(with FUSC and FSD), but was even considering other EV's (Rivian and EQS). Tesla have not made it sweet enough for me to pull the trigger. Tesla are so bad at Sales and loyalty, I dont feel I should give them any more money. I have wrapped up the whole SEXY with them since 2014.

The trade in value for MX 2018 has dropped like a rock in the past 5 months. Cannot believe the car has lost 70% value in 6 years. This for a car that was supposed to appreciate