Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The trade in value for MX 2018 has dropped like a rock in the past 5 months. Cannot believe the car has lost 70% value in 6 years.
Well, yeah, that's what cars do. Trading cars every 5 or so years is a great way to empty your bank accounts, as you are repeatedly taking the biggest punch in the face on depreciation. You should expect a car to lose basically all of its value and therefore keep it for at least a decade to wring more value out of it.
This for a car that was supposed to appreciate
Well, there's reality and then there are some things that Musk has said. I would not use the word "supposed to appreciate". That was a ridiculous, stupid, and yes, "Ludicrous" notion that was definitely never going to happen. Used cars are not going to appreciate above what a new car would be. You should not have believed that for a second.

This works well for me as I have SC05 and FUSC has zero value as far as resale goes.
I agree that is what Elon needs to pay attention to. He has a loyal customer base that he does not want to cater to and now that customer base is shifting.
But used Tesla's are amazing value. Getting a used M3/MY/MX for 70% off is a steal. I just got one for my college going kid, a 2018 M3 for 18K. It will be a great commuter car for her

Well, yeah, that's what cars do. Trading cars every 5 or so years is a great way to empty your bank accounts, as you are repeatedly taking the biggest punch in the face on depreciation. You should expect a car to lose basically all of its value and therefore keep it for at least a decade to wring more value out of it.

Well, there's reality and then there are some things that Musk has said. I would not use the word "supposed to appreciate". That was a ridiculous, stupid, and yes, "Ludicrous" notion that was definitely never going to happen. Used cars are not going to appreciate above what a new car would be. You should not have believed that for a second.
I guess sometime when you are the Tesla fan boy, you get drink the koolaid that Musk was pouring.

I agree that is what Elon needs to pay attention to. He has a loyal customer base that he does not want to cater to and now that customer base is shifting.
But used Tesla's are amazing value. Getting a used M3/MY/MX for 70% off is a steal. I just got one for my college going kid, a 2018 M3 for 18K. It will be a great commuter car for her
wow that is pretty low, i haven't seen them this low... Is it clean title?..