Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Supercharging transfer opportunity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw a message in my Inbox (Tesla App) offering free supercharging transfer. It didn’t provide any more details, other than it would transfer if I take delivery by 12/31 of an X, S, or Y.

This definitely piques my interest. I’m happy with the X, but the age of the battery and degradation has the real range at about 210-215 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.png
    IMG_0850.png
    406.3 KB · Views: 423
Reactions: SRLMD and 1speed
This would be a great deal for an X with tax credit. Would be perfect deal if that included FSD transfer.

will they allow Free SC and Free FSD transfer over, then I am ready to trade in my 2018 MX. That was my hold up all these days
Unless you're in a rush, I'd hold out for a month. I'm willing to bet a buffalo nickel that the FSD transfer comes back this quarter. With no significant CT sales, they're going to need to pull another demand lever to push more cars.

This would be a great deal for an X with tax credit. Would be perfect deal if that included FSD transfer.

Unless you're in a rush, I'd hold out for a month. I'm willing to bet a buffalo nickel that the FSD transfer comes back this quarter. With no significant CT sales, they're going to need to pull another demand lever to push more cars.
I agree with waiting a bit. I too feel that combo transfer offer is likely coming up....

Hard to believe they wont transfer both FSD and FUSC. I paid $96,000for X-LR in 2019 and a new X is $89,600 if they transferred FSD also. Seriously, I would buy that today if they would. What would they loose in transferring it?

I wonder if my FUSC can be transferred anyway since it is listed as the Specs of the car.

Purchase details.png

Interesting that they removed the totaled/salvage vehicle loophole.

And the official terms don't mention that it has to be order on/after today. So maybe it could be combined with the FSD transfer offer, as long as your pre-9/30 order doesn't have a discount.
Unless they changed the terms on the FSD offer when I wasn’t looking, it required taking delivery prior to 9/30.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Unless they changed the terms on the FSD offer when I wasn’t looking, it required taking delivery prior to 9/30.
Agreed. But there are some saying they did get the FSD transfer after 9/30 or have in an email that their order by 9/30 qualifies for the FSD transfer. Definitely not what the Tesla officially stated policy was.

I still think the FSD transfer will get resurrected. Only question is if they ever allow the unlimited supercharging and FSD transfer to coexist. I’m with @booziboy, that is a combination that would be hard to pass up.

Reactions: TK16688
Agreed. But there are some saying they did get the FSD transfer after 9/30 or have in an email that their order by 9/30 qualifies for the FSD transfer. Definitely not what the Tesla officially stated policy was.

I still think the FSD transfer will get resurrected. Only question is if they ever allow the unlimited supercharging and FSD transfer to coexist. I’m with @booziboy, that is a combination that would be hard to pass up.
I don’t have FSD. The FUSC offer alone is enough for me to pull the trigger. My 2015 85D has 240k miles and 215 miles range at 90% (approx 11.5% degradation).

The new model S at $75k with FUSC and 360+ miles of range at 90% with much faster charging times seems like a no-brainer and it seems hard to imagine the price ever being lower than this.

I don’t have FSD. The FUSC offer alone is enough for me to pull the trigger. My 2015 85D has 240k miles and 215 miles range at 90% (approx 11.5% degradation).

The new model S at $75k with FUSC and 360+ miles of range at 90% with much faster charging times seems like a no-brainer and it seems hard to imagine the price ever being lower than this.
I was just asked by a friend, and this is the point I brought up. This was a plus/minus thing before, where my old 2014 car has the unlimited free Supercharging, but it is SLOW Supercharging. To be able to keep the unlimited use, but switch it to the FAST Supercharging that newer cars have is like getting to have the best of everything. I'm not going to upgrade, but this would make it well worthwhile.

I was just asked by a friend, and this is the point I brought up. This was a plus/minus thing before, where my old 2014 car has the unlimited free Supercharging, but it is SLOW Supercharging. To be able to keep the unlimited use, but switch it to the FAST Supercharging that newer cars have is like getting to have the best of everything. I'm not going to upgrade, but this would make it well worthwhile.

This is where I find myself with the internal debate - slow-ish supercharging speeds (max 140) compared to 250...but do I really need the faster supercharging speeds? The difference in charging time is minimal, especially if I am doing other things - bathroom, lunch, going for a jog.

As another user mentioned, the battery warranty is nearing its end. A new battery warranty + FUSC + more usable range are all big plusses for me.

But then, what to do with my current X?