Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In house glass replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
law-order-glass-window-broken_window-replacement-speedy-tzun1014_low.jpg

Prompted by this thread topic I went to my app and saw a red dot on the Settings Wheel. First time I've ever seen that BTW and received it at 6:45pm today. I would say this has to be considered an improvement to service and the app at least in communicating with the customer. I know rock chips to windshields has been a recurring topic thread on the forum with the roads in a lot of places being in bad shape and people needing their windshield replaced and not knowing where to turn. I guess "or other glass" mentioned in the text could also apply to car break ins too.

Same here!

Reactions: Kleenerth3
I got this after upgrading to 28.3.1 as well. I'm currently on vacation and hundreds of miles away from my car, so there was no way for me to visually check the condition of my car's glass. :p

I figured it was just an ad for a new service. What is disconcerting is that the update somehow turned on climate control unbeknownst to me. Later in the day, I received a notification that climate control has been running for an excessive amount of time and I had to use the app to turn it off remotely.

Thing is, Tesla apparently now refuses to fix glass for customers in New Mexico anymore. Has to be done in another state where they have service centers, or done in NM by a 3rd party body shop. One body shop I know of in Santa Fe is already storing inventory of Tesla windshields.

Yeah, corporate comms is a thankless job and here’s another example of one that didn’t get read by enough people. My GF is an editor for a Higher Ed institution and we often discuss this sort of horror story. Ten people read something and when it goes out, still has ‘what were they thinking’ language in it.

One word like ‘if’ or ‘when’ would have made all the difference here. :D

Anyone know how to delete old Inbox messages? I would like to delete the Dec 16th message about giving 6 months of free supercharging since it is no longer applicable. Probably delete the new Glass message as well.

I apparently got this inbox message in the app today:

Schedule your service appointment for glass replacement.

Anyone else randomly get this message?
Yes I got it last night. My thoughts on reading it, in order:

1. Is this a recall notice?

2. No, it's a poorly worded advertisement.

3. LOL like Tesla can handle more people at their service centers.