Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Production???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insanely, I picked up my girlfriend, took her booster seat out of her car, snapped it into my back seat and found...

In the Model S, it is physically impossible to buckle the seatbelt when my girlfriend's child's booster seat (required by law) is installed in the car using the LATCH anchors (required by law). The only option is to twist the seatbelt buckle upside down and buckle it into the middle seatbelt receptacle instead of the receptacle that is actually meant to receive it. (Aside from twisting the seatbelt belt, that has the added drawback of meaning no person can sit in the middle of the back seat, because there is no seatbelt accessible to them (also required by law).

Apparently there are something called seatbelt extenders, which some have said may fix this but I'm not sure, based on the looks of it.

When I went back to Tesla they were closed.

Amazingly I will have to go back to Tesla the day after I got the car to complain that I may not be able to take the 3,400 KM road trip we planned to start on Saturday because it would be illegal to take the 5 year old boy with us. Hmm...

Hopefully the magicians at Tesla can figure something out. It is an astounding design "oversight" though.

Yeah, I saw a thread on here a while back complaining that booster seats and some car seats are not compatible with the LATCH anchors and rear seats in the Model S.

That seems like a design flaw :( Thankfully don't have kids so not a worry on my end currently, but I can imagine they should fix this soon. Especially before they start rolling out the Model 3's as this will likely become a more common issue.