Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In the meantime...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice! Playing with house money so to speak. I have a very nasty habit of buying high and selling low so I better stick to couponing at Kroger for my Model 3 money fund. :confused:

I have an FJ Cruiser I'm going to let go of because the car just never got sacked by depreciation and the wife has some student loans outstanding. I'd like to be wholly debt free by the time I go nuts on my Tesla lol. Oh and she'll get a new ICE too. It's only fair.

Good luck with your investments!

If you reliably pick losers, it sounds like you have the start of a workable system. Start by trading the opposite of your inclination. :)

Battery powered mowers still set a bad example for battery powered equipment. I soooooo want a high quality battery powered mower (preferably riding, but I'd take a push model), but I'm still waiting for someone to build one.

Well, on the flip side, my backfiring gas leaking riding mower sets a bad example for ICE mowers, so I guess it's a draw.

I have a family member with a Cub Cadet electric riding mower, I've used it a few times, including pulling around a load of rocks in it's attachable cart and it was surprisingly powerful and rode well.

So what can you do to uncover this? Anything?

We're looking to pick up a used Leaf while we wait for the 3 because of the HOV access and the cost. They depreciated so quickly, it seems like there's a lot of good deals out there if you don't need a lot of miles. I'm wary about figuring out if the battery has been abused and what is still under warranty, though.

If you can look at it in person, you can buy a wifi or bluetooth obd adapter and use an app called LeafSpy which allows you to see the true battery health for a Leaf. I won't get into all the details here, but check mynissanleaf.com for info on buying a used Leaf. A good forum with a lot of knowledgeable people.

There isn't a battery capacity warranty per se, but based on a lawsuit settlement if your battery drops to 8/12 battery bars within 5 years from the in-service date then you can get a new battery free from Nissan. If it's a 2011/12, you have to make sure the owner didn't opt out of the lawsuit, in which case you can't get a new battery. There is also some speculation that at some point they will start replacing cells or otherwise "repairing" the battery, as I believe they only have to get it to 9/12 to meet the lawsuit requirements. But so far they are just putting in new batteries for 8/12 capacity Leafs.

I just got a 2013 Leaf off of a 2 year lease, and my battery health is still in the 80s for percentage and has 12 battery bars, at least for now. It was from TX, but it was a good deal and so I took it knowing it wasn't quite as good as a cooler climate Leaf but a better deal. I also drive 25-30 miles a day, so I don't need new capacity anyway.

If you can look at it in person, you can buy a wifi or bluetooth obd adapter and use an app called LeafSpy which allows you to see the true battery health for a Leaf. I won't get into all the details here, but check mynissanleaf.com for info on buying a used Leaf. A good forum with a lot of knowledgeable people.
Thanks for the good info, I'll check all of that out.