Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increase ground clearance in Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A simple solution to avoid scarping at the center bottom of the car could be to increase the height of the surface before the slope into your parking. This could be done by say for example placing a traffic speed hump about a half a meter (to me measured - best is half of the wheel base) before the start of the slope.

We sell lift kits for the Model 3, it is a 2" lift and compatible with OEM and aftermarket suspension. We sold 5 sets made to order, and are currently taking orders for the next batch. We are at 3/5, so please let us know if you want to put down a deposit!

The reasons we hear most are:
1) Ground Clearance - driveways specifically
2) Rough Roads/Offroading/Living in mountains
3) Ease of entry for elderly/physically limited folks, many people want a Tesla but can't afford a Model X

#3 would be me. I want a Model 3 so badly but I wrenched by back getting in and out of it while test driving one for a day -- and was flat on my back for almost a week. Unfortunately I think I need to lift it about 6" to be comparable to my Prius.

• Love
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
  • Helpful
Reactions: Rebel44
We have been debating putting it on the site, it was a custom lift kit, but to save the original customer on machining costs, we made 5 sets.

Here is a photo of our car equipped with the lift kit and stock suspension. I would love to share photos of the actual pieces, but after having our 365mm BBK get copied due to our sharing of photos and dimensions, we now have to keep these things a bit more under wraps. Sorry, we wish it didn't have to be that way! Apologies for the low-quality photo, it was taken with my phone.

Feel free to email us at [email protected] for more information.

20180914_105801.jpg

Beautiful. Approx. kit costs?

Beautiful. Approx. kit costs?
We have it here on our website!

MPP 1.75″ Suspension Lift Kit

MPP-Tesla-Model-3-Lift-Kit.jpg

I wouldn't get a Tesla SC to install this anyway, they are not familiar with aftermarket parts. We usually recommend going to a performance shop that is familiar with suspension modifications. The kit is quite easy to install, and there are instructions on our website you should send to your installer for them to review as well!

We have it here on our website!

MPP 1.75″ Suspension Lift Kit

MPP-Tesla-Model-3-Lift-Kit.jpg

I wouldn't get a Tesla SC to install this anyway, they are not familiar with aftermarket parts. We usually recommend going to a performance shop that is familiar with suspension modifications. The kit is quite easy to install, and there are instructions on our website you should send to your installer for them to review as well!

Could any regular shop that does alignments also do the alignment needed after the lift kit is installed?

My first winter with the car was fine in town, but we moved out of town last November (for our second winter with the car) and our new road seems to be REALLY low down on the priority list for plowing, so I did an awful lot of "snow/slush surfing" in my RWD 3. Crazily enough I didn't actually get stuck, but I'd like to lift it more anyways to minimize those chances... plus I have a hitch-mounted bike rack and it often hits the ground if I'm not careful.

Reactions: HyperionMark
Could any regular shop that does alignments also do the alignment needed after the lift kit is installed?

My first winter with the car was fine in town, but we moved out of town last November (for our second winter with the car) and our new road seems to be REALLY low down on the priority list for plowing, so I did an awful lot of "snow/slush surfing" in my RWD 3. Crazily enough I didn't actually get stuck, but I'd like to lift it more anyways to minimize those chances... plus I have a hitch-mounted bike rack and it often hits the ground if I'm not careful.

We have had a bunch of orders from BC and Alberta this week. Winter must not have been kind to you guys :D

Any alignment shop can align the Model 3, it is simply front and rear toe in stock form. We also have alignment specs on our page The Future - Tesla Model 3 | Mountain Pass Performance for reference if their computer is not up to date.

• Helpful
Reactions: KootsChewt
We have had a bunch of orders from BC and Alberta this week. Winter must not have been kind to you guys :D

Any alignment shop can align the Model 3, it is simply front and rear toe in stock form. We also have alignment specs on our page The Future - Tesla Model 3 | Mountain Pass Performance for reference if their computer is not up to date.

To be totally clear, I would give the shop these specs from the page you link? (I know nothing of doing an alignment :)

Street Alignment:

• Front Camber: -1.1 °
  • Front Toe: -1mm total
  • Rear Camber: -1.1 °
  • Rear Toe: -1mm total

Reactions: PNWLeccy