Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased Glare with Abstract Ocean Matte Screen Protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. I've been experiencing a dramatic increase of glare on the screen after the install, to the point that I've considered removing it all together. No other issues, I love the silky smooth feel, I love the protection, but the glare is killing it for me.

Anyone else?

IMG_9485.jpg

When the sun is behind you the AO matte screen protector washes out. In my case this is mostly an issue in the early A.M. Otherwise I really like the AO protector for the way it hides fingerprints and kills most reflections.
That's pretty much my experience. I got the matte protector primarily because I would get blinding glare off the screen when the sun was at the right angle. Essentially what the protector did is swap the blinding glare for the screen washing out. Not as good as removing the glare totally but still preferable. Before I couldn't see a thing and now I just cant see the screen as well.

Reactions: BnGrm and csrpenfab
Yes, and I basically expected it after seeing people complaining about it in reviews for other brand matte screen protectors. However, the instances that this happens for me, given time of day and direction of travel, are very rare. If someone can confirm one that does not do this, I'd love to see it.