Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Increased Road Rage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure which forum to post, so mods can move it if they wish.

Recently I have noticed more Road Rage. It comes in 2 forms:

1. Multiple cars racing with each other on an interstate, weaving in and out at high speed.
2. A driver who thinks you are going too slow, gets up on your rear, swerves to the other lane, and then swerves back to your lane and cuts you off.

I am seeing this more and more on the highways I drive. I ask myself why? Is it being restrained the last 2+ years due to Covid and now they can act out? I just don’t know. It seems like “anger” to me.

Another observation: All the cars that exhibiting the 2 behaviors above have dark tinted windows so you cannot see the driver. Note: Let me make the statement clear, I did not say all drivers with tinted windows. have road rage, but rather the ones I observe as noted above all do.

I was a victim of road rage this evening. Just minding my own business and this POS Pontiac Gran Prix decides to cut me off, brake check multiple times and then throw a full Pepsi can at the front passenger door.

This created Two quarter size dents :mad: I was so angry with this ****er and then got even more when my wife piled on by saying I must've done something. Im still so angry about it now as I'm typing...we are on non-speaking terms at the moment...

Proceeded to file a police & insurance report with the intention to press charges given my daughter (7-months) was in the car as well...

I was a victim of road rage this evening. Just minding my own business and this POS Pontiac Gran Prix decides to cut me off, brake check multiple times and then throw a full Pepsi can at the front passenger door.

This created Two quarter size dents :mad: I was so angry with this ****er and then got even more when my wife piled on by saying I must've done something. Im still so angry about it now as I'm typing...we are on non-speaking terms at the moment...

Proceeded to file a police & insurance report with the intention to press charges given my daughter (7-months) was in the car as well...
Take solace in the fact that you don’t have to drive a POS Pontiac GP.

Hope you got some dash cam footage to help identify the person!

What I read is a move that is called "passing". I pass people, and some people need to be passed, on the right if need be. If someone passes me on the right, it's a hint that I'm going too slow and need to pull out of the way. There are folks who get into the left (passing) lane and then just sit there, going five or ten mph below the speed limit, effectively blocking cars that want to move on down the road, perhaps to an appointment. Here in CA we have a law. It's "Slower Traffic Keep Right", though with all the tourists many drivers don't seem to know that. When I move to the slow lane to pass, it's because someone is dawdling in the fast lane, and usually there are several cars behind them. A second CA law states that if you have more than five cars behind you, you must pull over, even on a single lane road. Just because you're doing the speed limit doesn't give you the right to block other cars from going down the road. Either speed up or pull over. You are not allowed to block traffic.

Most CA law enforcement people do not interfere with the flow of traffic. I followed a brave soul doing 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit who was being followed by a CHP. Finally the car pulled over, and the officer went racing on down the road. The speeder was in his way.

What I read is a move that is called "passing". I pass people, and some people need to be passed, on the right if need be. If someone passes me on the right, it's a hint that I'm going too slow and need to pull out of the way. There are folks who get into the left (passing) lane and then just sit there, going five or ten mph below the speed limit, effectively blocking cars that want to move on down the road, perhaps to an appointment. Here in CA we have a law. It's "Slower Traffic Keep Right", though with all the tourists many drivers don't seem to know that. When I move to the slow lane to pass, it's because someone is dawdling in the fast lane, and usually there are several cars behind them. A second CA law states that if you have more than five cars behind you, you must pull over, even on a single lane road. Just because you're doing the speed limit doesn't give you the right to block other cars from going down the road. Either speed up or pull over. You are not allowed to block traffic.

Most CA law enforcement people do not interfere with the flow of traffic. I followed a brave soul doing 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit who was being followed by a CHP. Finally the car pulled over, and the officer went racing on down the road. The speeder was in his way.
Yeah I wouldn’t worry about 5 to 10 over unless for whatever reason you’re riding dirty.

Well one problem with police cars is that if they need to get somewhere quickly, they put on the light bar

But if you're in front of them, what does that mean? Does it mean you've done something wrong and need to go more slowly?

I think they should have a separate get-the-f-out-of-my-way thingie so you'd know, then could act accordingly

• Funny
Reactions: MitchMitch
Well one problem with police cars is that if they need to get somewhere quickly, they put on the light bar

But if you're in front of them, what does that mean? Does it mean you've done something wrong and need to go more slowly?

I think they should have a separate get-the-f-out-of-my-way thingie so you'd know, then could act accordingly
Like a siren?

• Funny
Reactions: Leeclanual
you are going too slow, gets up on your rear, swerves to the other lane, and then swerves back to your lane

by “other lane” I think you mean “the lane I should have been in to the right of the passing lane that I was clogging”

I don’t get people who sit in the passing lane — when they aren’t passing. Often driving right past signs that say “Keep right except to pass”

GTFO of the passing lane

by “other lane” I think you mean “the lane I should have been in to the right of the passing lane that I was clogging”

I don’t get people who sit in the passing lane — when they aren’t passing. Often driving right past signs that say “Keep right except to pass”

GTFO of the passing lane
Nope, traveling in middle lane, moron comes up behind you fast, swerves into left lane, then cuts right back in front of you in center lane. When they cut back in front of you, it is usually very close to your car.

”GTFO of passing lane”……..good example of road rage.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Nope, traveling in middle lane, moron comes up behind you fast, swerves into left lane, then cuts right back in front of you in center lane. When they cut back in front of you, it is usually very close to your car.

”GTFO of passing lane”……..good example of road rage.
Oh so someone passed you . . . in the passing lane . . . and then got out of the passing lane . . . when they were done passing.

got it.

smh

• Funny
Reactions: EVer Hopeful
Oh so someone passed you . . . in the passing lane . . . and then got out of the passing lane . . . when they were done passing.

got it.

smh
You might want to re-read my post…….I was in the middle of a 3 lane highway, looking in my rear view mirror some came up on my tail at a high speed, swerves to the left passing lane, and swerved back quickly to cut me off, I thought we were going to have an accident.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
2 is def not a road rage, i do pass other drivers quickly in any lane when they're slow n seen other drivers do it to me.
I think some ppl just have diff habits on how close they do it to other cars, as one comedian said, "u just need to clear the bumper" :)

brake checking is def "road rage" n some morons in left lane actually deserve it. Seen it so many times where they'll go out of their way to not let u pass them cause they think no one should be going above speed limit. GTFO is applicable in this case lol

Fun fact, here in PNW, i always see Cali plates driving slow in left lanes, what gives...

My wife just got home (driving our Model 3 ) from doing errands. Not a bad neighborhood at all, but a few miles away she slowed down as the cars in front of her did and a guy on the sidewalk jumped next to the car, flipper her off and yelling F*&^ Tesla. First time heard of that happening in our area.

Status
Not open for further replies.