Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation time line pushed back due to Supply chain issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started the process to get solar panels (12.4) and two Powerwwalls back in July. A couple of months ago it looked promising - "1 to 2 weeks" it said on my account. That went on for maybe a couple of months, then disappeared. Today came an email.

Supply Chain Delays May Impact Your Installation Timeline​

Due to supply chain delays, your installation timeline may be extended. These delays are broadly impacting the U.S. solar industry and are outside Tesla’s control. We do not currently have a firm timeline from our suppliers as to when these delays will end. We will be in touch with you as soon as we have updated information.​

Such is life. At least my Model Y, ordered July 30, arrived.

I started the process to get solar panels (12.4) and two Powerwwalls back in July. A couple of months ago it looked promising - "1 to 2 weeks" it said on my account. That went on for maybe a couple of months, then disappeared. Today came an email.

Supply Chain Delays May Impact Your Installation Timeline​

Due to supply chain delays, your installation timeline may be extended. These delays are broadly impacting the U.S. solar industry and are outside Tesla’s control. We do not currently have a firm timeline from our suppliers as to when these delays will end. We will be in touch with you as soon as we have updated information.​

Such is life. At least my Model Y, ordered July 30, arrived.
Not surprising at all. I bet they are hundreds of thousands of solar panels and associated components stuck either in manufacturing lines or in transport.

I am trying to get a door chime transformer and cannot get the voltage I want. No estimated time of availability.

Christmas came early (or, you know, over a year late)!

78AD0343-55E1-4401-89D0-4C429EE87087.jpeg