Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installed Swivel Mount but encountered loose problem..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I installed Tesmanians swiveling display mount for MY.. but it doesn’t sit solidly on the mount. It moves as if it is loose.. except it’s not.. the screws are in tight. The only thing that is moving is the screen and the back display mount itself. The black mount doesn’t move. Help..​

Video:

I’m not sure if you were able to fix your issue by the time I’m responding, but these mounts have a bearing issue. If you take off the two bolts holding up the screen you’ll see the plastic cover that’s on top of the mount. You’ll need to remove that. Unsnap it from the dash. Then you’ll see a black bolt at the top of the bare mount. Get a ratchet set and loosen that bolt until the mount that holds the screen comes off. There you’ll see multiple little silver balls. Those balls come out of place from the manufacture when the package is delivered. You’ll need to realign those balls on top of each small spring you see in there respective spaces. Then carefully reattach the mount to the black bolt that you took out to release the mount. Grab some WD-40 and lightly spray some oil into the small gap of the mount where the metal balls are so they can spin smoothly when rotating the screen. After this is done you can put everything back together and you should have a tight, smooth moving swivel screen mount assembled.

I've read several Amazon reviews where the mount was loose. Sure enough, the one I bought also was loose. The back side of the black swivel bracket that slides in is thinner than the slot so I ended up using these washers to fix the play. Home Depot didn't have zinc, which is cheaper than stainless. These were a bit tight to get in, but worked.

How I did it: Bolt goes in from bottom, thru black mount, then washer.

20220918_123813.jpg

As for the little temp sensor cover that may break the tabs. The best way I've found to not break the side tabs on the outside is to go up and in to put the side tabs in first, then pull down on the rear to slot in the rear tab last.

1663783764315.png

Attachments

• 1663783681879.png
    1663783681879.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 54

I installed Tesmanians swiveling display mount for MY.. but it doesn’t sit solidly on the mount. It moves as if it is loose.. except it’s not.. the screws are in tight. The only thing that is moving is the screen and the back display mount itself. The black mount doesn’t move. Help..​

Video: sorry for the late reply. I've purchase the up and down side to side movement of the monitor swiveling mount and had the same issue. I had to takr it off and put it back on several times and i was like WTF is going on here. Everything installed properly. Followed the instructions went over it several times but still it was loose. What the problem was is that when putting in the screw/bolt it was going in a slant. So what I did was took off the monitor put a small piece of tape on the screw with some oil. I got some epoxy and filled in the space that the screw was going that was making the monitor wiggle around or loose. When the epoxy was a little hard I removed the scree and let the epoxy cure. After the epoxy was hard I inserted the screw without the tape and checked the fitting. I had to sand it down a little bit. I mounted the monitor back up and everything was good to go. The monitor was no longer loose ( wiggling ) around.