TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Installing HPWC gen2 , 4 red flashes

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by Staramerica, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Staramerica

Staramerica Member

Hi new to the forum. Expecting to pickup my 100D in 7 days! just hooked up the HPWC yesterday. But got 4 red flashes after powering it up. Manual said over/under voltage protection. What does it mean? I did flip the dip switch and turn the dial to 8 (100amp breaker). Thanks in advance!

2. VT_EE

VT_EE Member

Flip the switch? I thought the HPWC came preconfigured for 240V line-to-line? Make sure you have the dip switches correct per the manual. If you changed them, you might need to change back.

3. Staramerica

Staramerica Member

Yes I tried both up and down on position 1. Same result.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

Did you measure the voltage coming from the utility to your HPWC??

5. davewill

davewill Member

Double check all the connections at both the wall connector and the electrical panel. Have an electrician do it, if you're not qualified. Check the voltage between the two hots (should be 208/240), and between each of the hots and ground (should be 120v). If they're all correct, and the settings are all correct, then you might have a bad wall connector.