Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I could use some help.
So I've had the HPWC that came with my Model S for over 5 years now.
It has been working flawlessly since day one.
Suddenly it just stopped charging my car.

Here are some info:
1. Green light at the front
2. I've switched the circuit breaker of the HPWC to power cycle it a few times and still not charging car
3. Reset button will not work at all! I press it for half a minute and nothing happens
4. I opened the front panel and the inside is pristine, no dust, no soot, no signs of blue smoke
5. Fuse is not blown, tested it with a multimeter for continuity
6. All cable screw points look pristine
7. Continuity of cable from the HPWC to the adaptor that plugs into the car have been tested and all okay
8. I powered on the HPWC while the front was open and there is a small flashing red LED on the mainboard (the light on the face is still green), not sure if that means anything

I'm about to buy a new HPWC but wanted to post here first in case I am missing something simple

If this is a Gen 3 Wall Connector, I suggest connecting to it via the unit's hotspot and checking the settings - perhaps something happened to the configuration?

If that does not help, then I suggest confirming the power from the breaker to the wall unit is what it is supposed to be. I would pull the cover off the wall unit and check voltage on each line to ground, and between each line to ensure they are all as expected.

Reactions: 365gtb4
If this is a Gen 3 Wall Connector, I suggest connecting to it via the unit's hotspot and checking the settings - perhaps something happened to the configuration?

If that does not help, then I suggest confirming the power from the breaker to the wall unit is what it is supposed to be. I would pull the cover off the wall unit and check voltage on each line to ground, and between each line to ensure they are all as expected.
I believe it’s gen 1 so no wifi.
I forgot to check the line voltage in the hpwc. I’ll do that