Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for Model X In Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my insurance quote for the 90D. $3337 / year ($1000 deductible).

Although most of you will think that's high, I have 2 traffic tickets on record and a deemed at fault accident 5 years ago, although really there was nothing I could do with a tire blow out on the highway. Plus I hit a deer 8 months ago.
Hey you got two years covered with your recent price drop on the total vehicle cost.

Reactions: SSD420
Mentioned this elsewhere but putting it in the correct thread. My model S "only" costs me $1300 per year but they are quoting me $2533 ($2,000,000 Third Party Liability, $1000 deductibles for collision and comprehensive, full glass). If I limit the glass coverage it goes down to $2126. As my wife and I are of "mature years", no kids are on the insurance, no demerits, only a hail damage claim (don't know if that counts) and my wife had a minor mutual fault fender bender (someone rolled back into her and the insurance company chose to settle).
It seems that most people don't have more than $1,000,000 liability (except for in BC) but my S has $2,000,00 and is nearly half.
My agent says the rate group for the X is much higher but that doesn't seem to be the case for others here.

I was told it was because of the price.

I was originally told that before i started getting quotes to expect up to $5k deductibles. Once I get my MX on Friday and get my policy in hand on Thursday, I can email you some of the details if you want, as you should be able to get a lower deductible too. Do you think the difference is because you have a Sig over my 90D?

What sort of deductible did you have on your MS? Did you end up selling it?

What was your quote? How is your driving record?
My quote is above in post 102 but basically $2533. We have a model S and a motorcycle insured as well. I had an at fault in 2008 and my wife had a minor partial fault about 5 years ago. We're both 50+ and no tickets or suspension and 12+ years continuous insurance. My model S is about $1300 and was about the same price. One thing that may be affecting this is that both vehicles sustained hail damage last year. Not sure if this bumps up our collision.