Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance for Model X In Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*do these companies.
I am with Aviva. They've insured me and despite an at fault accident in Feb, this year, didn't raise my rate nor did they even charge me my deductible. I have a boat insured with them that has had 2 claims in 2 years and again, no raise in rate and I'm amazed they still offered to insure me (though both claims weren't MY fault).

State Farm is who insured me as a teenager and my rate was quite good then though I don't think I would have had trouble with any insurance company.

Sorry....just tryin to help.

I am with Aviva. They've insured me and despite an at fault accident in Feb, this year, didn't raise my rate nor did they even charge me my deductible. I have a boat insured with them that has had 2 claims in 2 years and again, no raise in rate and I'm amazed they still offered to insure me (though both claims weren't MY fault).

State Farm is who insured me as a teenager and my rate was quite good then though I don't think I would have had trouble with any insurance company.

Do you have any traffic tickets on top of your accident?

What are you paying for insurance?

So earlier in this thread I was complaining that Aviva was quoting me double my model S rate to insure my model X.
Roughly 1300 for the S and 2600 for the X. This was with 2,000,000 liability but reducing the liability didn't make much difference. They got the rate down to about 2100 but this was with a limited glass endorsement. Also the rate for the S went up and they could only quote me 1300 if I put a glass endorsement on that vehicle too.
This week I asked TD Meloche to quote and they quoted me about 1320 (S) and 1390 (X)
Actually they gave me two quotes for two different insurance companies but the second one was about 100 more for each car. Both included full glass and all deductibles are 1,000. Either one is significantly better than my Aviva policy and for that matter an Intact quote I also got through my agent.
Seems TD has won another customer.

Switched over to TD yesterday, RBC wanted me to wait a week to add the car due to its value, told em to screw off, I wanted to pick it up right away!

$4800 all in for all 3 cars. $500 deductible on all 3, St Catharines location
Careful with TD. I thought this 10 years ago too. TD insurance ****ed me over when I actually had to make a claim and raised my car rates on my 12 year old car because they said they "can." They cancelled my policy and did NOT pay out my claim citing too many claims. This was my second claim in 7 years.be very careful with TD!!!

Dejardins offered reasonable rates for the MX and my previous vehicles. I'd highly recommend them (I am with intact though as I have a special circumstance for now.. too many traffic tickets recently).

So earlier in this thread I was complaining that Aviva was quoting me double my model S rate to insure my model X.
Roughly 1300 for the S and 2600 for the X. This was with 2,000,000 liability but reducing the liability didn't make much difference. They got the rate down to about 2100 but this was with a limited glass endorsement. Also the rate for the S went up and they could only quote me 1300 if I put a glass endorsement on that vehicle too.
This week I asked TD Meloche to quote and they quoted me about 1320 (S) and 1390 (X)
Actually they gave me two quotes for two different insurance companies but the second one was about 100 more for each car. Both included full glass and all deductibles are 1,000. Either one is significantly better than my Aviva policy and for that matter an Intact quote I also got through my agent.
Seems TD has won another customer.
I was paying ~$1370/year with TD Meloche Monnex (via Security National) for the past 3 months and they just called last week to inform me that my VIN just went through and they were adjusting my rates to over $1600/year. I think someone accidently gave me a 90D rate and when they realized I had a P90D, they adjusted the price.

• Disagree
Reactions: SSD420