Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for Australian M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just watch the amount that Poncho tries to insure you for. If you paid 90ish for the LR and Poncho only want to ensure you for 70...thats a problem I believe a few folks are having and something to be mindful of.

Is this with Shannons?
Nope RACV. They are pretty good prices all things considering. Again I’ve chosen market value (since they have 2 years old for new) and not agreed value.

Postcode and age matters more than model.
Seen M3P quotes for those in country areas for under $1k,
And young city folk struggling to get under $2k for an SR+.
I believe it has a lot to do with postcodes and the claims that the insurance company has had in those areas. In countries areas that is usually lower because there is less people in the area.

Great reason to live in the country ;)

Ahhh shannons are over 3k for me for SR+.
Rating 1 with no claims (bar windscreen) in over 5 years or any fines in over 10.
I live on the Mornington peninsular which I didn’t think was a big deal.
i have since queried the cost and they claim it’s the insured value ($71k) and the fact it’s a daily drive as to why the premium is so high. I need to look more into poncho, but choice of repairer and the big spiel about second hand parts was a bit of a turnoff

Hey folks 👋
Considering that Tesla offers Roadside assistance for up to 4 years, is it worth buying it separately in the insurance package? Also, what's generally better - the market value or absolute value in terms of premiums (the lesser the better)?

Hey folks 👋
Considering that Tesla offers Roadside assistance for up to 4 years, is it worth buying it separately in the insurance package? Also, what's generally better - the market value or absolute value in terms of premiums (the lesser the better)?
Just buy top level NRMA road service. They’ve spent a lot of money building charging Infrastructure. It’s the least we could do.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT