Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for Australian M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am 100% serious. The intention of the app is to determine your style of driving.

To do that it will monitor G-Forces to determine how hard you Accellerate, Brake & Corner. It also measures speed and if you use the phone while driving.

I have loaded the App onto my phone to trial it and see what it thinks of my driving. You never know, I might be surprised by what it thinks.... Who am I kidding, it won't like me.

I will report back in a week or 2 once it has had a chance to review my driving.

Last edited:
I am 100% serious. The intention of the app is to determine your style of driving.

To do that it will monitor G-Forces to determine how hard you Accellerate, Brake & Corner. It also measures speed and if you use the phone while driving.

I have loaded the App onto my phone to trial it and see what it thinks of my driving. You never know, I might be surprised by what it thinks.... Who am I kidding, it won't like me.

I will report back in a week or 2 once it has had a chance to review my driving.
Does it also monitor the number, volume and length of expletive laden rants screamed at other drivers whist dodging from lane to lane? :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok
If it did my score may well be significantly worse.

I have now done 2 trips with the app and my score is 71.

It was unhappy about acceleration (1 out of 5) and braking (2 out of 5). It also gave me 4 out of 5 for the phone even though I did not touch it. Speeding and cornering were 5 out of 5.

I will continue to monitor it as time passes but I fully expect the score to drop further.

Last edited:
Got my response from Suncorp

Thanks for taking the time to write to us.

Under our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) the cover for a brand new car replacement if the loss or damage to your car occurred less than 2 years from the date of original registration is for the standard comprehensive level of cover. Your Car Insurance policy xxx is insured under our comprehensive advantages level where to new car replacement is eligible for the life time of the policy.

Thank you for choosing to insure with Suncorp.

If we can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

• Informative
Reactions: HighlyCharged
My M3 has been ordered and delivery soon. My rough research over the last few weeks is as follows (exact details might vary with different excesses):
* NRMA - $1,100 but I got a loyalty discount applied
* Westpac (Allianz) - $2,800! Fell off my chair.
* GIO - $825ish but a $2K excess. Had option to go 'Platinum' which was around $950 but old for new replacement for the life of car.

Worth shopping around for sure.

I just purchased a comprehensive insurance policy for new M3 standard for $1,024.00 from RAC WA, with a $700 excess. Including unlimited rental car privileges. Brief review of this seems to suggest I have scored well.

I’ve gone with RACV, they seem to know their stuff. Additionally you get a discount with ChargeFox for being a member.
Membership is road service, not insurance. The insurance got partitioned in 1999-2000ish to a company that later got named IAG (though it borrows back its old brand names and logos to help confuse people).

Though I'd always recommend having NRMA/RACV etc road service. I don't care if Tesla has its own. If you're stuck on a country road, you probably want local assistance. Plus in NSW the NRMA (road service, not insurance) is funding a LOT of DC chargers across NSW & partners with the commercial providers too.