Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance required before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could anyone confirm whether insurance must be provided before delivery, in Texas?

My account is updated that I need to provide insurance before delivery. I'm a bit confused b/c I even don't know the VIN number. It's not in the source code.

Texas is one of the states that require the VIN on the proof of insurance. Tesla insurance is not available in Texas. I had to wait for the VIN and then have my agent add it to my coverage. She provided an updated insurance card that I attached to the order. Texas is one of the states that requires this. The details are on the account page.

Texas is one of the states that require the VIN on the proof of insurance. Tesla insurance is not available in Texas. I had to wait for the VIN and then have my agent add it to my coverage. She provided an updated insurance card that I attached to the order. Texas is one of the states that requires this. The details are on the account page.

Same here, delivery in Plano scheduled for June 21.

you can provide Tesla an insurance card for your current vehicle to show you carry insurance and then replace it with the correct one when they give you your VIN. i read that on here in February and it worked fine.

Mine was a used purchase so not sure if the same applies but.... I needed to provide insurance on the actual Telsa I was purchasing, before it could even ship. Or at least that was what I was told. Wasn't too hard since the VIN was readily available being a used car but did have the car insured about a month before I even touched the car. Tesla and Texas.......