Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meloche Monnex is part of the TD Canada Group...to the best of my knowledge, they only write insurance in Canada.

Also, Doug, are you an engineer or architect?...Security National used to only write professional groups like the aforementioned before they were acquired by TD...So Doug, you're getting an additional (group) discount on your premium (probably in the 15% range).

Beats me. My broker is Meloche Monnex, which is owned by TD Bank. TD is Canadian but they do have a significant presence in the USA.

Last edited:
Had to switch from GEICO. They said they would not insure the Roadster.
Via TechCrunch:
musk1.jpg

Help! #1316 is being delivered Monday and Geico won't insure it! Insurance advice!

Help!
We need insurance advice.
We are in New York State (Westchester County) and #1316 is being delivered Monday!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But our insurance company (Geico) will not insure it.:mad::mad::mad:
Who are you insured with?
Thank you!

Go up the ladder with Geico RW...makes no sense that they'd write one in Cali (dwegmull) but not NY...insurance companies don't generally operate that way...my guess is the NY folks are in error...maybe their database is not up to date...call their head office.

Help!
We are in New York State (Westchester County) and #1316 is being delivered Monday!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

But our insurance company (Geico) will not insure it.:mad::mad::mad:

We are also in Westchester and I believe we first contacted Geico and State Farm. One of them initially quoted us a price but then called back and told us they couldn't insure us after all (this after collecting all of our personal info like our SSN numbers - I was very upset). We eventually went with USAA but I believe you need to have a military member in your family to join. My wife refers to USAA as "Best Bank Ever" and we have never had problems with them (although we've never had to make a claim for either of our cars).