Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurer that I can stick with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now for the second year in a row my insurance company has said they are not able to renew the policy on my 2018 Model S o_O. It is Huddle Insurance this time. No reason given, only "Based on our underwriting rules, we are unable to renew your policy for the next 12 months". No claims made at all, no idea why.

Now I have to go through the whole process of reapplying - can anyone recommend an insurer that gave them good deal? I'm based in Sydney.

Now for the second year in a row my insurance company has said they are not able to renew the policy on my 2018 Model S o_O. It is Huddle Insurance this time. No reason given, only "Based on our underwriting rules, we are unable to renew your policy for the next 12 months". No claims made at all, no idea why.

Now I have to go through the whole process of reapplying - can anyone recommend an insurer that gave them good deal? I'm based in Sydney.
I use a very good broker. He just sorts it out for me. Every time I’ve tested his efforts he has a better deal than I can get.
Plus at claim time, all I have to do is make a call to him, and he does all the paperwork.

Reactions: rwpnote3
AAMI - the only company I’ve come across that provide unlimited hire car days of equivalent type (I once had a car in the panel shop for 3 months!)
Also, ensure that you cover the cost of FSD in the insurance & the current value of the car - most insurers overstate the depreciation
My 2 year old Model X is currently insured for 15% more than what I paid for it in 2018 & about 40% more than ‘market value’

AAMI - the only company I’ve come across that provide unlimited hire car days of equivalent type (I once had a car in the panel shop for 3 months!)
Also, ensure that you cover the cost of FSD in the insurance & the current value of the car - most insurers overstate the depreciation
My 2 year old Model X is currently insured for 15% more than what I paid for it in 2018 & about 40% more than ‘market value’
AAMI wouldn’t let me go to a Tesla recommended repairer.

I've got an NRMA Comprehensive Plus policy which has unlimited days car hire (even if you are at fault in a collision) up to $100 per day which would get you a Hybrid Camry through AVIS or Budget Car Rentals.

I just renewed with CommInsure as I couldn’t find anything better than their renewal offer.

RACV, choice of repairer, glass cover, agreed value, coverage for under 25's (additional excess), cheaper than all others with $1000K standard excess (AAMI,GIO,Shannons, Alliance). Melbourne.
Also note new for old replacement (Alliance) - if the model not sold any longer (ie, Model 3 Performance Stealth) defaults to market value.

Quoting your insurance rates on here is really pointless. Your price is based on your driving and claim record, other nominated drivers, your suburb, your street, and your method of garaging.....plus many more attributes. Unfortunately every insurer rates these items differently, so there is no way of declaring or deciding who is the cheapest insurer in australia.

• Disagree
Reactions: pts260
Quoting your insurance rates on here is really pointless. Your price is based on your driving and claim record, other nominated drivers, your suburb, your street, and your method of garaging.....plus many more attributes. Unfortunately every insurer rates these items differently, so there is no way of declaring or deciding who is the cheapest insurer in australia.
Paul you make a valid point that comparison isn't straight forward due to so many variables but it certainly isn't pointless. To say that sharing information here in this forum is pointless is akin to saying that the forum itself is pointless.

Reactions: pts260 and Flatbat