Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integrated Center Console >>> ordered but when will it arrive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have gotten this same ambiguous response 3 times so far. Ugh.

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. The Model S Integrated Center Console is a service-installed accessory, so we will only ship it to a Service Center location. A request to have your order fulfilled was submitted to the distribution center and the information transferred to the Dallas-Cedar Springs Service Center. The console will be shipped to the Dallas-Cedar Springs Service Center, as requested, and they will contact you about the installation after they receive it.

If there is anything else we may assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I did get shipping info for the phone adapter part less than a week after ordering. Nothing about the console itself shipping yet.

I made the installation appointment already though, since appointments at the San Diego Service Center are about one and a half months out. If it does not show up by then, I'll cancel and make another appointment.

I just called my local service center and was told that they could see my order in the system, but did not have any update on when it would arrive to be installed. I ordered on the first day the console was available on the tesla website, and though I have received the phone connection kit and a few other small accessories, there is no ETA on the console.

I am a bit frustrated that they actually charged my credit card for the console considering that it has not shipped.

I just called my local service center and was told that they could see my order in the system, but did not have any update on when it would arrive to be installed. I ordered on the first day the console was available on the tesla website, and though I have received the phone connection kit and a few other small accessories, there is no ETA on the console.

I am a bit frustrated that they actually charged my credit card for the console considering that it has not shipped.

Something i did not consider when I ordered, since the part is going to the service center directly, it may be included in a batch shipment so therefore no tracking number for you individually. That's how it was with mine. And if your service center only gets weekly or biweekly shipments then you may be at the mercy of the normal supply chain.

Just had the integrated console installed. Very, Very Nice. The top cover is as smooth as silk. Lots of storage. Nice rear passenger cup holders too. Had a P85+ loaner... nice car, a bit more noise from the road, P35xxx serial number, pretty much configured like my P90D but without a front motor. Seemed to lean a bit more in curves. Suspension felt a bit more harsh somehow, perhaps the heavy sway bars. Appeared to not slow down as fast when regen was kicking in. No sensors, no hill hold and no Autopilot Features. The center arm rests had the stitching on the top of the rest which felt odd. Also the instrument cluster bezel was the thicker old style and the cruise control was up high on the left and old style gear selector on the right. A very nice car, but no where near as planted or powerful as the P90D. Seats were the older performance seats with alcantera inserts and piping. Only 19,4000 miles were on this dark blue beauty. This would really be a nice car for someone looking for a CPO. It even had the factory film coating on the front end to protect from rock chips.

Supra, you are correct, no individual tracking number....as it goes to the Service Center. I asked to keep my old center yacht floor just for ha ha's.

Also while at the SC, a new software version was pushed to my car 2.24.102 and installed. Apparently, if you park your car for a length of time at a Service Center the car will latch on to the WiFi network and new software will be pushed if it is needed. This apparently saves time for the service techs.

Reactions: Reekdog
UPDATE - Just got a call from my SC who received the center console I ordered. The tech said "we're a bit backed up" and offered me an appointment at the end of next week. He said the install takes approx 2 hours. I will post more when the process is complete.

Sounds like the Integrated Consoles are flowing out to the SC's. Went to a concert last evening and this was the first time my wife saw the IC. She liked it because it provides more fluid storage areas as well as privacy for little things that made the yacht floor look very cluttered. (such as my thumb drives, note pad, pen, micro-fibre towel, sun glass case, etc)