Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior carpet panel trim clip for centre console 1067403-00-A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Front Interior carpet panel trim clip for centre console P/N 1495729-00-C (CONSL SIDE PNL CARPET RH)

Is there an alternative to this plastic CLIP ITW RIBLOCK 1067403-00-A as it seems that you can't order that part anymore.

It is referenced as Item 31 in the Tesla EPC diagram

Attachments

•  1067403-00-A.jpg
    1067403-00-A.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Tesla Parts Console.png
    Tesla Parts Console.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 149
These are used on Models S, X, 3 and Y. Not likely they have been discontinued. May be temporally out of local stock and require ordering from near by Tesla parts warehouse.

I have never broken one, However I have had to, on a few, use a hot air gun to bend the inside hook back to original shape for reuse. The small inside hook on one side can be bent out of shape during release, if the panel is not pulled out straight.

Every time I change the cabin air filter on my Model 3 I have to fish out a few of the clips and put them back on the panel, but I haven't broken or lost any yet. In the case I would ever need them, I searched for replacements and came across some on Amazon that might work. I've had them bookmarked, but haven't had to order them. Here's the link in case you want to check them out Amazon.com

I have never broken one, However I have had to, on a few, use a hot air gun to bend the inside hook back to original shape for reuse. The small inside hook on one side can be bent out of shape during release, if the panel is not pulled out straight.
I just noticed that happened to one of mine. Thanks for the tip. I’ll try a heat gun to straighten it back out.
Every time I change the cabin air filter on my Model 3 I have to fish out a few of the clips and put them back on the panel, but I haven't broken or lost any yet. In the case I would ever need them, I searched for replacements and came across some on Amazon that might work. I've had them bookmarked, but haven't had to order them. Here's the link in case you want to check them out Amazon.com
Thanks for the link. I’ll give those a try if I can’t get a replacement. I’ve only pulled the side panel off the console once and noticed a clip that broke in half. I can’t see how I would’ve done it and couldn’t even find the other half of the clip, but maybe the Tesla guys did it the last time I had my filters changed 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just noticed that happened to one of mine. Thanks for the tip. I’ll try a heat gun to straighten it back out.

Thanks for the link. I’ll give those a try if I can’t get a replacement. I’ve only pulled the side panel off the console once and noticed a clip that broke in half. I can’t see how I would’ve done it and couldn’t even find the other half of the clip, but maybe the Tesla guys did it the last time I had my filters changed 🤷🏻‍♂️
I was looking in AliExpress yesterday and found another source of those trim clips. Going by appearance, they actually look closer to the OEM Tesla clips than the ones from Amazon. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804282422666.html

I was looking in AliExpress yesterday and found another source of those trim clips. Going by appearance, they actually look closer to the OEM Tesla clips than the ones from Amazon. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804282422666.html
I wouldn't trust your source for these low cost items. This type of fasteners come in various sizes and may not be ideal fit or from same manufacturer as Tesla uses.

This AliExpress seller's listing states "for Tesla Model 3",

10 Car Console Dashboard Moulding Panel Trim Clips for Tesla Model 3

but quite expensive for only 10 pieces from China. And despite description, may not be the same sizing.

I wouldn't trust your source for these low cost items. This type of fasteners come in various sizes and may not be ideal fit or from same manufacturer as Tesla uses.

This AliExpress seller's listing states "for Tesla Model 3",

10 Car Console Dashboard Moulding Panel Trim Clips for Tesla Model 3

but quite expensive for only 10 pieces from China. And despite description, may not be the same sizing.
$5 is not expensive, especially if it's the only place one can buy them (I don't know if Tesla will sell them individually because they are not in the online parts catalog). And from the pictures, they look exactly like the ones used in the Model 3. I would not hesitate to buy them for $5 if I needed them, even if each one would break after every use. The part that would suck is the long wait time since they are shipped from China.