TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Interior cover when hauling bike

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Boatguy, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

The MS is not exactly a utility vehicle, but I think it will fit my mountain bike more conveniently in the back that using a roof rack. But the mountain bike gets dirty...

Does anyone know of a high quality cover that provides a good fit to cover the back of the front seats, all the way to the rear hatch, and up the sides. I saw one "pet" cover, but it's too small and not well made.

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

image.png
    Check Amazon for SUV cargo covers. I have one similar to this and it works great for bikes, dogs and Home Depot. Well made too. Measure for correct size.

3. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

For what it's worth, I posted my solution in another thread. It doesn't cover up the sides, so a SUV cargo cover like msnow's may be more what you're looking for.

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

The link @thecloud provided reminded me that the SUV cargo cover I got from Amazon also included a piece that attaches with Velcro and overhangs the back bumper for extra protection.

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I ride a road bike and I just use an old sheet to cover the interior, it works well for me