Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior/seats wear resistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have about 15k on my car after 8 months of ownership. The drivers seat is already showing signs of creasing, and lumpiness. Compared to my Volvo leather seats its wearing way worse. I ask concerned if it's like this with less than a year, how will it be in 5 or more years. It's this normal? Should I ask SC to take a look. Also some of the soft surfaces seem very vulnerable to wear, especially around the console where is already peeling add one part and to have been punctured by something. Also the passenger kick panel has already come apart.

Attachments

• 20190518_074653.jpg
    20190518_074653.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 252
I have 4500 miles over 9 months and have noticed the wrinkling in the lower left driver’s seat where there is weight put on the seat exiting the vehicle. I would assume it’s normal. Obviously doesn’t look great but I’m guessing it’s normal for the material

My mazda wears the same. It all depends the car manufacturers. I do notice that smooth surface leather has creases compared to surface that have rough on them. But then those surface aren't as soft. German cars seems to always have harder surface while asian imports are smoother leather that are software feel.

The Volvo seats really are some of the best. The Tesla is comfortable, better than many but the Vovlo headrest is a perfect combination of soft but supportive. The quality of the leather on the Volvo seems way better in terms of feel and wear resistance. Tesla could definitely learn a thing or two about seat building from Volvo