Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior trim cleaning question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't thoroughly check my M3 when I picked it up - it looked fine... it is fine.

But I have noticed some grubby marks on the pillar trim where the seatbelt disappears.

I don't want to try to clean this without a bit of advice from anyone who has successfully cleaned this. It looks the sort of material where you could make it worse!

Anyone done this?

Thanks

I didn't thoroughly check my M3 when I picked it up - it looked fine... it is fine.

But I have noticed some grubby marks on the pillar trim where the seatbelt disappears.

I don't want to try to clean this without a bit of advice from anyone who has successfully cleaned this. It looks the sort of material where you could make it worse!

Anyone done this?

Thanks

As previously posted, AutoGlym interior spray and a micro fibre cloth. Gently!

As previously posted, AutoGlym interior spray and a micro fibre cloth. Gently!

Yes I also recommend Autoglym interior shampoo with a new microfibre cloth ... the only difference from me is that you can actually rub pretty hard if you need to. That short pile material is tough enough to stand a decent rub. I had a couple of dirty hand marks on mine ... I also subsequently rubbed a tyre against it when taking tyres back and forth (winter/summer swaps) that I had stacked inside the car. In both situations the marks came off without leaving a trace.

Reactions: M3noob
Yes I also recommend Autoglym interior shampoo with a new microfibre cloth ... the only difference from me is that you can actually rub pretty hard if you need to. That short pile material is tough enough to stand a decent rub. I had a couple of dirty hand marks on mine ... I also subsequently rubbed a tyre against it when taking tyres back and forth (winter/summer swaps) that I had stacked inside the car. In both situations the marks came off without leaving a trace.

I screwed up with the tyre marks too. Rub as required :)

Reactions: Adopado