Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Trunk Door Light Toggle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to turn off the light inside the Model Y trunk lift gate / hatch while the hatch is open?

I’d like the option to leave the hatch open without this light activated.

Attachments

• DDF42F47-D091-467E-AA19-D9682F39796B.jpeg
    DDF42F47-D091-467E-AA19-D9682F39796B.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 478
Is there a way to turn off the light inside the Model Y trunk lift gate / hatch while the hatch is open?

I’d like the option to leave the hatch open without this light activated.
I would very much like to be able to do this, too. It seems like it would be possible to replace the assembly with a light with an integrated push button, very much like the way the lights above the front seats work. Aftermarket opportunity!

We went to the drive-in last night and I couldn’t find a way to turn this off. I found a leftover piece of wrap from doing my center console and ended up putting it over the light. It was our first time going to the drive-in, but we’d like to do it again. Is there something ‘classier’ I can do? All this tech and I need to pull out duct tape to cover a light that I can’t turn off… 🙄

We went to the drive-in last night and I couldn’t find a way to turn this off. I found a leftover piece of wrap from doing my center console and ended up putting it over the light. It was our first time going to the drive-in, but we’d like to do it again. Is there something ‘classier’ I can do? All this tech and I need to pull out duct tape to cover a light that I can’t turn off… 🙄
Do you mean the light in the hatch or the center console screen?

Surround the light with the hook (hard) part of Velcro tape and make a flap from the loop (soft). You can then cover or peel back or remove it whenever. They sell wide rolls in black too so it'll blend in.

• Funny
Reactions: todd2fst4u
One way to turn off the light is to poke a metal inside the trunk latch assembly. Basically, the latch will "Think" that it has hit the metal ring on the trunk floor and initiate the lock. As a result, the light will be automatically turned off. I have tried this and works well. To Turn "On" the light, you just have to click the Trunk open on the mobile app or the physical button on the trunk lid. The lock will open again and trunk light will turn on. So, the trunk latch can be used as a switch.

• Love
Reactions: MYoohMY