TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Interior Upgrade email from Tesla

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Jayrod, May 9, 2018.

1. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

just got an email from Tesla saying my interior trim has been upgraded from silver to graphite. Order date was 5/3/18.

Attached Files:

2. Sonic_78

Sonic_78 Member

I am in the same boat. Free interior chrome delete.

3. Leopold

Leopold New Member

Yep. I got the same email. One question is if for those who ordered the cream interior (me), do we also get the new "Oak" option?

4. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

What about if you wanted the chrome? Not really upgraded, just changed.

• Like x 1
  5. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

I think they are switching people guess it depends on your status.

6. SISU Life

SISU Life Member

Received the same email this morning. Updated graphite trim to replace the silver trim. What are the other updates/upgrades for the interior? I haven't been on there to look at the configuration page.

7. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

On the Cream interior option, the standard wood trim is now a lighter oak veneer.

8. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

i got the same email and upgraded me to the graphite interior for free.

does anyone have a pic of the previous standard interior with the chrome trimmings? i'd like to see the difference

9. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

That's literally every interior picture ever... couldn't you look that up yourself?

2017-tesla-model-x-pictures-dashboard-u-s-news-world-report-within-tesla-model-x-interior.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  10. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Member

Not had the email yet but suspect this change “don’t see how this is an upgrade” will directly affect my order as my delivery is September And suspect it will be that across the board looking on the Tesla builder site today you can see a difference in the trim as I took snap shots of what I’d ordered and the trim is clearly much more shinny before.

Not sure that I actually care too much but then again I’ve not seen the new stuff yet

11. ModlS3XY

ModlS3XY Member

Has anyone got to change the cream interior (either to a different color or add carbon fiber) without the $500 change fee recently?
    I don't like the oak wood color change with the cream interior and my OA says that there's no way they can waive the $500 change fee .not what I was expecting from Tesla . I wouldn't have asked for this change in the first place if Tesla hadn't changed the ash wood to oak wood.

If someone got to change it at no cost, please share your experience. I would like to use it to argue my case .my vehicle will probably enter production in the next week or so.
    Thanks!

12. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Elevate that nonsense they are likely getting smashed with tickets from angry people.

13. Jayrod

Jayrod Member

Is there some tiny writing in the contract that says they can change anything on your vehicle without your consent? How about change the color from white to gray on the exterior? Where does it state they can do that.

• Funny x 1