Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent seat position failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Intermittently my car doesn't adjust my seat position. My wife and I both drive the car. I'll walk up and get in car (alone) and the phone as key will work, and it'll switch to my profile, but it won't adjust the seat. I have to reselect my profile for it to adjust the seat.

I'm on 2023.12.5, but this issue has been happening for a while and across several versions. Am I the only one?

Reactions: Georgesb2
Been like that since 2023.4.x. Recalibrate did nothing. Mobile service came out did the same thing but to no avail. Can't delete the profile to try again as that is my Tesla profile as opposed to local driver profile. Workaround is to bring up the driver profile menu and click on the profile again - that would complete the seat travel.

I don't see why recalibration would solve the problem, unless somehow it's detecting resistance and decides not to move the seat position.

99.9% sure this is a software issue. It just happened again in dark mode, and only then did I realize that while it displays the green circle checkmark next to my profile (Dad), it still shows the previous driver in bold (Mom). Indeed, I need to reselect my profile from the list in order for it to move my seat into position (and make my profile bold).

Software issues like this have become so "par for the course" that I've just come to expect it. Not sure if that's good or bad. At least this one's easy enough to resolve.

Pretty sure it would be software related. If I'm not mistaken, the driver profile seating position would merely be some number of revolutions per motor. For the profile to be able to continue where it left off then it shows it does remember that data, what is triggering to stop prematurely is the problem.

what is triggering to stop prematurely is the problem.

From what I can tell, there is no "stop prematurely"... it fails to move the seat *at all*. It never even tries.

I'm unable to consistently reproduce this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Definitely didn't have this problem originally, and I'm fairly confident that it was introduced with a software update. I'm guessing that it only happens to a small subset of owners (those who share their vehicle AND probably some other conditions).