Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent Wiper Failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have the intermittent wiper issue after the last update. Tesla service just confirmed (9/20/23) it is a firmware issue that will be addressed in future updates. I had contacted Tesla and set up an appointment. Here was their response:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 9.22.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 9.22.12 AM.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: nsxpert and jlv1
Same issue here on my '17 S. I set up a service appointment and they wanted to have the car for multiple days (told me day of) and sent me an estimate north of $2000 to replace the wiper module and body control. I went to the appointment, canceled it at the service desk, and complained to the rep. They had a tech come out and tell me "that's how the software works now, and it can't turn off auto wipers, even though the switch says it's off". I've never had such a bad experience with Tesla before.
IMG_3547.jpeg

Can someone please explain what intermittent means/does? I think I may have the same issue. I would describe it as my wipers do not do anything on the two lowest settings.

P.S. I have a 2018 S 100D.
The two lowest settings are the "intermittent" settings, which means there is a pause between each pass of the wipers.

Also, 2019 Model S here with the same problem of both intermittent settings no longer working (first noticed it a month or two ago).

I have the same problem on my 2016 P100D MS. I had a mobile service visit last month and they changed the steering column (housing, electronics, stalks, etc) with no change. (and no charge for the service or part)! Interestingly, I subsequently found that the intermittent wipers work when the car is ‘backing itself out’ of the garage remotely and rarely when I am backing out of a parking space, but never in forward drive. This is certainly just an annoying firmware problem that will be fixed in a future update.