Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

intermittent wipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trevor from M3OC claims that the Model 3 does indeed have intermittent wipers. He says he has spoken to a couple of owners who confirmed this and described the workings of the wipers.
Model 3 Owners Club on Twitter

Not really what he said.. He said it does have intermittent then linked it to rain sensing as part of EAP. Automatic wipers with rain sensing is a separate thing to manual intermittent control.
The Texas delivery video showed two control options one the touch screen, fast /slow and on/off, there was no intermittent interval control on screen.

The only useful info gained from that m3oc video was that touching the stalk button does bring the wiper controls up on the centre screen.

Reactions: N5329K
Not really what he said.. He said it does have intermittent then linked it to rain sensing as part of EAP. Automatic wipers with rain sensing is a separate thing to manual intermittent control.
The Texas delivery video showed two control options one the touch screen, fast /slow and on/off, there was no intermittent interval control on screen.

The only useful info gained from that m3oc video was that touching the stalk button does bring the wiper controls up on the centre screen.

So I have to press the button and then I can adjust slow, or fast, or on and off on the center screen? I really hope the rain sensing wipers come soon. Are they part of EAP?

So I have to press the button and then I can adjust slow, or fast, or on and off on the center screen? I really hope the rain sensing wipers come soon. Are they part of EAP?

That appears to be how it operates at the moment based on the software in the Texas delivery video.

Tesla is trying to use the AP cameras instead of a conventional rain sensor. So far they haven't made it work for the model S or X. Hopefully they are about to release it to the Model X and S cars so they can debug it for Model 3 owners.

• Informative
Reactions: R.S
That appears to be how it operates at the moment based on the software in the Texas delivery video.

Tesla is trying to use the AP cameras instead of a conventional rain sensor. So far they haven't made it work for the model S or X. Hopefully they are about to release it to the Model X and S cars so they can debug it for Model 3 owners.

My Model S (AP1) still has a regular wiper stalk, though. Is the wiper stalk now something like the second screen? Did they already put it on the comparison sheet? Model S luxury features: second screen and premium wiper controls.

Man, Tesla really wants me to buy another S instead. Not sure if they took that differentiation thing a bit far...

• Funny
Reactions: jsmay311
My Model S (AP1) still has a regular wiper stalk, though. Is the wiper stalk now something like the second screen?

Man, Tesla really wants me to buy another S instead. Not sure if they took that differentiation thing a bit far...
The model 3 has two stalks, the right one is Forward/Reverse/Cruise/AP very similar/same to the S.

The left stalk is indicators (up/down movement), headlights (forwards/back movements*), The button on the end of the stalk is single wipe and change centre touchscreen to wiper control page if tapped, and window spray and wipe if held down. There are no twist rings evident, so likely no other functions on that stalk (unless they add double tap, triple tap or morse code).

* exact functions of the stalk not yet explained in anything I've seen, but likely to be the same as on your S I would guess. The Texas delivery video showed headlight on/off/auto controls are on the touchscreen, and I would assume that a quick pull on the stalk with headlights off will change the centre touchscreen to the headlight control page if they are being consistent.

No, they also showed a way to bring the wipers up on the screen by swiping to the left. Touching the button merely skips the swiping step and brings it to the forefront right away.

Oh that's more practical, swiping around on the touchscreen to make the wipers go on. What I want to know is if there is a way to just use the wipers, without having to adjust them on the screen? Screen controls are fine for some things, but they are always more stressful and you need to take your eyes from the road.

Oh that's more practical, swiping around on the touchscreen to make the wipers go on. What I want to know is if there is a way to just use the wipers, without having to adjust them on the screen? Screen controls are fine for some things, but they are always more stressful and you need to take your eyes from the road.

Don’t worry about taking your eyes off the road. While you are looking for wiper controls you couldn’t see out the window anyway.