Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internal cabin Temperature display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be an easy feature to add to the current display, just change the current setting to alternate or toggle with touch between the current setting and current cabin temperature. Heck you could even change the color of the temperature to indicate a few things, like red = heating, blue = cooling, green = at temp, grey = disabled. Many ways to add this, but we are at the mercy of the Tesla devs. If we can get them away from the silly games for a bit, should be easy to add.

I don't think I've ever been in a car where the in-cabin temperature is displayed, other than the climate control temperature that it's set at. Is this something that's available in some luxury cars?
GM displays the inside temperature. That's how I knew I needed to replace the inside temperature probe, because when the climate control started acting wonky, the internal temperature always read 59 degrees. I've since gotten rid of that car, so I can't check, but I can't remember if the inside temperature toggled between set and internal, or if I had to toggle debug mode, as I know on GM cars, (or at least that one) if you press both driver and passenger temp buttons for a few seconds, it will enter diagnostic mode, and allow you to scroll thru all the sensor readings, such as engine temp, transmission temp, etc.

Reactions: beachmiles
GM displays the inside temperature. That's how I knew I needed to replace the inside temperature probe, because when the climate control started acting wonky, the internal temperature always read 59 degrees. I've since gotten rid of that car, so I can't check, but I can't remember if the inside temperature toggled between set and internal, or if I had to toggle debug mode, as I know on GM cars, (or at least that one) if you press both driver and passenger temp buttons for a few seconds, it will enter diagnostic mode, and allow you to scroll thru all the sensor readings, such as engine temp, transmission temp, etc.
I have a Chevy Volt. It does not show cabin temp. Thinking about it, I can't remember any of my previous cars with cabin temp display other than the auto climate temp setting.

It would be nice to have it. Example use case: I always set target temp to 21 C - Auto climate, but I'm ok with anything from 18-24 C. So If I know the interior temp is already 24, I will simply adjust my target to 24 so the AC doesn't need to work hard.

Depending on the car to get to the right temperature is nerve racking! I set the target temp to 70’F and as I watch the Tesla mobile app, the car gets to 73 and lowers the fan speed. The temp then starts climbing back up. You can’t depend on the car to get to a target temperature any more than you can depend on it to drive itself. Disappointment after disappointment. And for the person saying you don’t need to see the internal temperature, maybe you don’t, but we. It’s easy to implement and evidently needed based on my experience with the car not doing its job.

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles