Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

International Centre delivery experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a head splitting headache when I got home after being in the car for an hour, my wife was fine though. Much much better this morning when I got into the car after I aired it out last night.

I think it's just the fumes from production sitting in the car for so long that's causing me problems, I had the same problem with a pillow I bought a few years ago, and after I aired it out for a day or two, no problems.

Also have this issue felt sick the last few days after coming home from work strangely. It must be that car smell unfortunately had it tinted and had to wait a few days to open windows. Can finally open them woo!! Note to anyone getting tints--air the car out before taking to shop

Took delivery today at 10am, was out the door by 11am. It was basically, check in, wait 10-15 min, meet DS and see the car behind the ropes (this part was super rushed for me i didnt even get to take a picture nor did she offer), sign paperwork, wait 10-15 min, walk outside to see the car and inspect and they politely ask you to move to the next slot to get acquainted with your car.

I was so drained by the time I got home, all that emotion and stress of a new car really got to me so I really feel for those who also had to endure lengthy delivery days. The car is amazing but there are still fit and finish issues I feel. I have some very big blotches of touch up on the inside of my right mirror, the door gasket on the lip of the car is worn out in one area and misaligned in another, glue and dust residue all over, some tiny spots of the white wrap still on. I wasn't able to get the L-bend cable to sit in its groove, it seems like theres no groove for that bottom part of the L, is anyone else having this issue? It sticks out a lot and I can barely get my phone in. If the front seats are too far forward the center console will rub against it when you open it. No autofolding mirrors and summon yet, eagerly waiting for those. Oh I'm on 2018.20.5 firmware and I still haven't lost app access. Yaay.

As for the driving, regen is proving difficult to get used to, AP enabled around 50km and it freaked me out at one point. I tried changing lanes at the same time the highway was forking from express to collectors, it followed the collectors line like I wanted to but it then suddenly remembered that i wanted to change lanes to the right and it swerved into that lane, luckily no one was there. I was gripping the steering pretty firmly throughout so not an issue but unnerving nonetheless.

I tested L1 charging at home and L2 at a nearby charger and everything seems to be fine. Oh my charge port is slightly sticking out towards the back end. I'm not sure if its because of closing it with my hand or was like that to begin with. Car came with almost 90% charge.

Overall this car is so worth it I just need to learn to relax and not stress out about anything happening to it lol! I cringe inside when my son rubs his shoes all over the doors and seat backs. Ugh.

Good luck to all those who are taking delivery and to all of us waiting for the rebate!

• Love
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Took delivery today at 10am, was out the door by 11am. It was basically, check in, wait 10-15 min, meet DS and see the car behind the ropes (this part was super rushed for me i didnt even get to take a picture nor did she offer), sign paperwork, wait 10-15 min, walk outside to see the car and inspect and they politely ask you to move to the next slot to get acquainted with your car.

I was so drained by the time I got home, all that emotion and stress of a new car really got to me so I really feel for those who also had to endure lengthy delivery days. The car is amazing but there are still fit and finish issues I feel. I have some very big blotches of touch up on the inside of my right mirror, the door gasket on the lip of the car is worn out in one area and misaligned in another, glue and dust residue all over, some tiny spots of the white wrap still on. I wasn't able to get the L-bend cable to sit in its groove, it seems like theres no groove for that bottom part of the L, is anyone else having this issue? It sticks out a lot and I can barely get my phone in. If the front seats are too far forward the center console will rub against it when you open it. No autofolding mirrors and summon yet, eagerly waiting for those. Oh I'm on 2018.20.5 firmware and I still haven't lost app access. Yaay.

As for the driving, regen is proving difficult to get used to, AP enabled around 50km and it freaked me out at one point. I tried changing lanes at the same time the highway was forking from express to collectors, it followed the collectors line like I wanted to but it then suddenly remembered that i wanted to change lanes to the right and it swerved into that lane, luckily no one was there. I was gripping the steering pretty firmly throughout so not an issue but unnerving nonetheless.

I tested L1 charging at home and L2 at a nearby charger and everything seems to be fine. Oh my charge port is slightly sticking out towards the back end. I'm not sure if its because of closing it with my hand or was like that to begin with. Car came with almost 90% charge.

Overall this car is so worth it I just need to learn to relax and not stress out about anything happening to it lol! I cringe inside when my son rubs his shoes all over the doors and seat backs. Ugh.

Good luck to all those who are taking delivery and to all of us waiting for the rebate!

Not sure if this is your issue or not but the piano black trim on the bottom where the phones sits slides to the left and comes off. Then you can feed the cable in!
I wasn't sure how to install it first lol

• Informative
Reactions: Kira and Mobsidian
Got the dreaded phone call at 1 pm (had a 5:30 appointment at the IC). Car isn’t in the country yet. Rescheduled to Friday at 4:15
A little more notice would have been helpful. Car was to be dropped off at Inception tonight.

Same story here. Picking mine up on Friday at 5pm. I could tell the call was for bad news. Oh well, 2 more days is it!

Funny I had issues with the bottom black trim too for the cables until I looked at the diagrams a little more closely.. You slide it to the left the trim and it'll come off

Also If anyone is in the Durham Region and wants to trade my lighting for there USBC cable let me know!

Thanks!
Keith
Hey I'm in Durham region and I want a lightning cable for my USBC. Let's swap!

Funny I had issues with the bottom black trim too for the cables until I looked at the diagrams a little more closely.. You slide it to the left the trim and it'll come off

Lol doh!

Autofolding mirrors is an option in the menus somewhere. I have it turned on. Can't remember exactly where it is. Let me know if you can't find it and I will look...

I think I saw it too and it was enabled. When does it auto fold and unfold?

My experience yesterday was great. They were quick an efficient. I was in and out within an hour.

I arrived 2:50pm for my 2:45pm. They said I was already checked in... I walked around the area for about 5 mins before the "paperwork" person found me. Took me to my car, took a picture. I didn't get to inspect it thoroughly there, was told it would be done outside. So basically you'll take the car as is.

He lead me to one of the tables where he'd retrieve the paperwork. Went through it and signed. He then took my keys and ownership for my trade in and provided to the "trade in" person. Trade in person came to me and asked where the car was parked. After 10 mins of paperwork signing, I head back to the main section (where you entered) and waited about 15 mins for my car to be ready outside for delivery and inspection. Car was fine, no issues, gaps etc.

And I was off by 4pm. They mentioned they had about 230 cars to go through. They did mention that they've learned a lot since the first week.

Reactions: TDog and Tony_YYZ
Picked up the car this morning.
Appointment was for 1130, but we arrived early at 1045.
We were done and out the door by 1130.
Couldn't have gone any smoother.

No obvious quality issues other than a piece of rubber trim that had come out near the top of the hood on the passenger side. Quickly fixed by myself.

My car was missing the USB cables, but they grabbed me some no problem.

Also, my car did have the die-cast model, which I wasn't expecting based on others experiences.

Car is great.

Pros:

Very quiet. No wind noise to speak of.
Center display is intuitive and easy to use.
Regen braking took about 5 minutes to get used to.
Nice fit and finish. Everything feels like quality.

Cons:
Front seats lack thigh support.
Car isn't as fast as I was expecting. (still fine though)

Reactions: McCaesar
I have my delivery appointment set for 5:45pm tomorrow.

Since confirming my appt time, I haven't been receiving any replies from my Sales Adviser at Tesla.

Should I still be expecting a call? It would be nice to have a bit more time and notice to ensure I have everything I need ready. Like getting my bank draft together. Still don't know who exactly to make it to out.